Battle Pass Vehicles: Sholef V.1

Would be nice for some Low Pressure HE shells.

Then that’s gaijins fault for not doing enough research or paying attention to what they were adding. They shouldn’t limit the vehicles capabilities or make in ahistorical bc “oh we can’t let players get something that’s actually good1!!1!1!1!”.

If they actually wanted to add something like they, they should have done their research or chosen the M-72 Ro’esh instead.

1 Like

Sholef V1 should have an L/45 cannon.

1 Like

What makes it better is the stab. And in game,VIDAR is good cause of the OE F3 with 935 m/s velocity, it actually fires M107 at worse velocity than for example German M109

There are many options for a battle pass SPG, as you mentioned M-72 Ro’esh, there is also M109I7 Spark and for a lower tier SPG L-33 Ro’em.

Has anyone submitted bug reports yet ? Unfortunately no matter how glaring the mistake is gaijin won’t look into it without a bug report.

I also feel that gaijin will most likely release it without any fixes, as some of the main fixes like modeling the correct L45 gun usually take considerable time for them. I really don’t see them pushing back the battle pass to make the Sholef how it should be unfortunately.

1 Like

Besides hearing how incorrect the stats are my only issue is this should probably be a TT vehicle and one of the other M109 variants like the rolef probably should’ve been the chosen vehicle. Can’t say this encourages me to get the battle pass.

The m109 has many inaccuracies of its own. My father was an Israeli m109 commander and he told me that the you could see with the optics kilometers away and not the pathetic zoom it has in war thunder

1 Like

I love gaijin historical accuracy, somehow a sholef with a 11 sec reload, no stab, no lrf, no thermal, and stupidly slow traverse speed is ok BUT a kurnass 2000 with sparrow ??? na way to unhistorical.

3 Likes

Thanks, but i am sorry, NO!

They removed that tbf

that’s why i said that X)

So uhh. After reading a couple of things about it I can positively say that the Sholef V1, if released in the current state, may just be one of the most if not the single most butchered vehicle in the game.
Congratulations, devs can add ahistorical sh*t to some nations ( hi mav G on swedish gripen, just as an example) but cannot possibly even model a tank right. Idk but some nations in the game seem to have a little bit more interest invested into them by devs than others ( not pointing at anyone by the way).

5 Likes

you pointed out so many historical inaccuracy, why don’t you post issue reports for fixing?

There have already been 7 reports posted and acknowledged, two regarding minor visual things, one regarding the xray model, one regarding weight, one regarding engine power, and one regarding the autoloader. More of them are forthcoming but the people working on them are making sure they are bulletproof in terms of sourcing to ensure their implementation.

7 Likes

According to the following websites, the Sholef V1 has a different rate of fire than advertised.

https://odin.tradoc.army.mil/WEG/Asset/Sholef_Israeli_155mm_Self-Propelled_Howitzer_(SPH)

Max Rate of Fire
9 rds/min

militarytoday.com

The Sholef (Slammer) was an Israeli Self-Propelled Howitzer prototype, built on the chassis of the Merkava Mk.3 tank. The project incorporated the newest technological developments.

Maximum rate of fire
9 rpm

https://weaponsystems.net/system/152-Sholef

Rate of fire
9 rpm maximum
3 round burst in 15 seconds
4 rpm sustained

army-guide.com

Army Guide - information about the main battle tanks, armoured vehicles and armament of the land forces and also the information concerning other army subjects - Slammer/Sholef, Self-propelled howitzer, Armoured Vehicles

Rate of fire (rds/min)

6 Likes

absolutely right but i bet gaijin will not accept any source like usual and its like the merkavas and namer it must be worse than it should be because the rusian are starting crying otherwise i guess XD

5 Likes

I’ve never done such before, and I’m sure there’s more knowledgeable people on the subject that have more sources than I do and are more capable at getting these vehicles corrected than I am.

so far the key feature: 2-plane stab,laser RF, turret rotation rate and thermal image still no report.

you should take a try. So far still no key feature improvement report raised.