Battle Pass Vehicles: Sholef V.1

🤣😂
BR reflects only your INCOME 🦁 and 💡 .
That’s all.

What kind of variables? 0 changes in the game and Tiger 2(P) still moving 6.7 → 3-6 months-> 6.3 → 3-6 months → 6.7. Nothing changed since 2019.

We could start with how many vehicles were added in that BR range during that 5-year period. Just a random idea.

And that really is just for starters, since there’s also maps, players (how many new players have joined, how many old players have quit?), object interaction/volumetric changes…

Honestly if you really believe WT is identical now to what it was five years ago, nobody can help you.

Err, no. Rank is the one that is purely economic. BR is decided based on how vehicles perform in both economic and competitive parameters. SL and RP earned, and K/D, and win rates, and… so on and so forth.

1 Like

The turret isn’t that armored to the point it can protect the crew from direct hits from 155mm HE shells, but it has enough armor on the roof to protect the crew from M42 submunitions (around 50mm of RHAe) and the sides and front should have similar if not thicker armor.

1 Like

As of currently the thing that bothers me the most is the incorrect gun length. Gaijin said the gun length of the Sholef V1 is a mere 39 calibers (which is a standard size for many SPHs), but the Sholef V1 had a barrel 45 calibers long. You can see in IRL images how long the barrel is and how short it is on the War Thunder model
Note: the Sholef V2 had an L/52 barrel, I’m posting images of the V1 only

Sholef V1 IRL:

(V1 on the left, V2 on the right)

Sholef V1 devblog images:

IRL when the cannon is aligned horizontally the bore evacuator reaches further than the hull, in the devblog images it does not reach further than the hull.

14 Likes

De Com Press Ion

Gaijin try not to incorrectly model an Israeli vehicle challenge (impossible)

8 Likes

When are we going to get artillery options where we sit out in the middle of the field, hitting targets at genuinely long distance?

I’m sure a few of us want to do this sort of fire support.

If I’m not mistaken, the current iterations of 155mm shells ingame don’t surpass much more than 60mm of RHA penetration. So if the turret front and sides are more indeed more armored than the roof, than it could be immune (unless you hit the roof, or notorious ovepressure weak spot ingame that is the Merkava drivers port).

From what I’ve heard the sholef v1 originally had a 39 caliber gun that was later changed to a 45 caliber gun

Good,it shouldnt be 8.0 either even when fixed. Two plane stab unlike non at VIDAR,Merkava hull unpenetrable by 7.0 or even 9.0 tanks. 9.7 minimum for this thing.

1 Like

Which automatically disqualifies ot from being in battle pass.

1 Like

Well that’s not true. The V1 always had an L/45 cannon. Soltam has an L/39 howitzer called M-71 and that was widely used on many production SPHs and prototypes, as well as a towed configuration. The M-71 has a square-ish muzzle brake which is easily recognizable.

Towed

M-72 Ro’esh experimental SPH

L-33 Ro’em production SPH

TIG-2000 experimental semi-SPH

As you can see, it’s quite small compared to the Sholef V1’s cannon.

4 Likes

Can’t wait for Gaijin to think the gun on the Prereh was real

2 Likes

Yup. The only difference between them was the cannon (L/45 on V1, L/52 on V2), V2 having smoke grenades, and some minor design changes on the turret.

2 Likes

At 9.7 it’ll be awful and while it does have a Merkava Mk. 1B hull, the turret is so goddamn big that if you can see the hull, you can definitely also see the absolute brick of a turret that is much bigger and a way easier and more convenient target. It’s is an SPH. No one ever shoots SPHs in the hull if it’s not a last resort and there will be no situation in this thing where you can see the hull but not the turret.

2 Likes

Honestly even with all the equipment it seems like a 8.7-9.0 material at best, it still disqualifies it from being in any battle pass though, since Gajin won’t give you a Rank 6 premium for 15 bucks.

Maybe they could just slam it on 8.7 and still lock it in rank 5? it doesn’t make a lot of sense, as there is no other 8.7 rank 5 ground vehicle in game, but i would rather have that than a completely ahistorical vehicle, that is basically an M109

Along with all the grinding to even unlock it.

Well i see no reason why it should be at same BR as VIDAR while being better than VIDAR.

Of course, grinding is involved as well, but besides the tank you get a tone of other things as well. No way they will give you a Rank 6 premium on top of all that.

Main Battle Pass reward is nearly always a Rank 4 at best, we only have a handfull of Rank 5s and if i am not wrong nearly all of them were released as rank 4 and only then raised to rank 5

I would love them to fix Sholef, but i don’t really see that happening. When they decided to release it into Battle Pass what they had in mind was a reskinned M109 and this is what they are determined to add

It’s not a better VIDAR though. The VIDAR’s gun is quite a bit better than the Sholef V1’s gun because it is much longer. The Sholef V2 is a better VIDAR because the V2 has a longer gun that is roughly on par with the VIDAR. This could end up being a PT-76-57 situation since that came in at 7.0 and rank 4, and is not 8.3 and rank 5.