Battle Pass Vehicles: Sholef V.1

8.5 sec would be a decent sustained figure accurate to the real life vehicle, but Gaijin rarely gives the flat sustained figure for autoloaded vehicles and it’s even rougher for semi autoloaded vehicles. There is still a chance and no matter what its still better than 4 rpm.

1 Like

definitively a decent compromise for me.

but there is also many other details that I want to check with the museum
including the stabilizer and the rangefinder. I also think there might be a mistake with the elevation. basically. i want to double-check most of the details. we want to also check the armor of the Merkava in general. see if there is no way to get it to get a buff without using classified documents. the Merkava and Namer is surely have better protection than what we currently have in-game.

7 Likes

I was talking to the CEO of Gaijin, not Stona.

1 Like

That’s what I meant.
No MBT/SPG in game is capable of firing its entire load of ammo at max RoF without damaging the barrel and substantially shortening its service life. But no such limitation exists in game, with Sholef now being the sole exception. Hence the 9 RPM being the Sholef’s equivalent of, say, the T-90’s 7-8 RPM.

3 Likes

Bruhhhhh…
I mean better reverse and armor, but that’s literally it…

2 Likes

I find it wild that they make a Battle pass and then don’t pay attention to it when it costs MONEY

4 Likes

like i pointed out, they mostly based their research on the publication of the American Museum.

not only the museum did not have the Sholef, but also they gave the job of writing about it to a third party. yet Gaijin considers it as a primary source stronger than the Israeli museum that owns the tank.

no wonder there is so many historical bug report about it.

6 Likes

They just need another… “push” to stop treating their paying players like this.

I’m honestly sick of the false advertising this game does.

2 Likes

and they still think the gun is a L/39. the Sholef never had any caliber 39. it had the L/45 and L/52. the V1 had the Soltam 845 which is a L/45. it’s also what they modeled.

2 Likes

It did get acknowledged though, didn’t it?

Not that it matters…

Just look at the Merkava’s bug reports…

1 Like

still not fixed. they still claim it had an L/39 version, which no one ever heard or saw except Gaijin.

here is an L/39 placed over the Sholef. the Sholef is a fair bit longer and a L/45 to me.

having the proper caliber will improve the velocity quite a bit.
if it have a L/45, the velocity shall be around 850 m/sec
and see when I put it over the G6

the gun is the same length, only the muzzle is a bit longer.

1 Like

Not fixed, but they did acknowledge it.

Though I don’t have much hope in it being fixed, I’m at least happy they know.

I made a post about it just the other day.

Some issues with the vehicle like reload rate and weight shouldn’t take that long to fix.

4 Likes

Aside from the so-called historical performance, just focus on the performance of the vehicle in the game, they said that the data of a vehicle in the game is affected by balance, so such a fire control device is not as good as 8.0 VIDAR, fire rate and ammunition is not as good as 7.3 Type 99 howitzer, only because the development team believes that due to the use of the Merkava body brought good protection. I’m pretty sure they didn’t test or play the vehicle at all. If developers are biased against a certain country or group, they can delete the tech tree for that country and return the development point and money to the player. No one forced you to make this vehicle, and since the developers themselves chose to make this vehicle, why can’t they give it a balanced gameplay experience, because the war Pass is too cheap? The old saying that cheap and no good is fully reflected in this pass

5 Likes

Screenshot_177
Poggers

2 Likes

Same today lol. Purely for the collection, not for the gameplay.

2 Likes

I’ll play it when it gets fixed lol, don’t want to tank my stat card stats hahaha

1 Like

i got some new information thanks to @ofekk213

the Sholef was indeed armed with the L/39 at some point. but the good news is it’s definitively not the one we have included

here is the M71 L/39 155mm armed Sholef. you can see its gun looks nothing like the Sholef V1 that we have in-game, and neither does the turret. with this information, we can be sure the information that Gaijin got was not completely mistaken, they just took the wrong model

Now, Gaijin can either fix the Sholef by remaking a new model, which would take weeks, or just redo the performance data, which can be done in a single day, I suppose.

i also want to point out that the picture of this Sholef is not showing any device over the barrel despite having a sort of support. the device we see over the barrel of the Sholef in the game is assumed to be a laser rangefinder. if Gaijin had the information that the first prototype had no stabilizer or rangefinder, it might be true, only the model it have included is not the first prototype

@Just_Baron does this give you hope now?

11 Likes

The cannon is the M-71 L/39. The M-72 Ro’esh was an experimental SPH that used the M-71 howitzer (and I believe it was the first Israeli vehicle the first one to use it).

3 Likes

Reload is still wrong, sadly, but it’s a step.

1 Like

I’m not using it currently. I wanted to like it. I’m not amazing at the game or anything but I think this vehicle has my worst K/D rating for a tank destroyer.
I feel like something is off about it.