Battle Pass Vehicles: Sholef V.1

T-34-85s are still in service and M4s were until 2018, so all modern vehicles are are fighting well within the service lives of their opponents :)

Good for you?

1 Like

yep (1944- today). You can balance it agaist from PZ4F2 (1942-1945) to M1A2 SEPv2

Like Gaijin even looks at bug reports. My bug reports are over 2 years old.

3 Likes

true dat heres one Community Bug Reporting System
@Smin1080p_WT bro please i know its irrelevant here but why was this acknowledged but not fixed 9 MONTHS AGO

4 Likes

The Sholef in real life was categorized as having the ~6.67 second reload.

(This is from the passed to devs suggestion of the Sholef V2, (which really only uses a different gun but same ammunition, breech, and loading mechanism.)

The Turret Armor and Hull Armor should be completely immune to auto cannon fire, and the turret should be immune to 155mm HE shells and overpressure from them.

The Sholef should have Gunner thermals, potentially a commander sight, and a Laser Rangefinder

Power to weight ratio:

62.7°/s DEGREES OF HORIZONTAL TURRET TRAVERSE, AND STABILIZATION!!!

Please for the love of everything, model this bit I pray

Gaijin, if you model this tank to be historically accurate, and to include all the bells and whistles it’s supposed to have, such as its amazing reload, thermals, laser rangefinder, (possible LWS), INCREDIBLE TURRET TRAVERSE, decent armor, and stabilizer, then I will be buying the battle pass for the first time in my life.

I have always loved this SPH, and am more than happy to see it represented in game, however I will consider this addition soured for me if it comes in a massively and historically inaccurate fashion lacking a lot of things it’s supposed to have and at a lower BR than it honestly belongs at. Please review some things and add this correctly…

Some of the sources used in this topic by the author:
http://www.military-today.com/artillery/sholef.htm (yes yes I know, but others are a bit better lol)
Slammer
전차로 만든 자주포 155mm 숄레프 : 네이버 블로그
https://ndiastorage.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/ndia/2019/armament/Schirding.pdf

In relation to the extremely fast turret traverse:
Jane’s Museum Ordnance 1996-03 (Vol.6 No.2)
I’d take this info from the book with a tiny sprinkle of salt, considering it is Jane’s and that it has a few inaccuracies (example: gun elevation range mentioned in the book is wrong).

10 Likes

Let’s hope gajin will take it into consideration and provides us with something that isn’t a slightly remodeled M109.

But considering that for now we don’t even know whether it will be level 50 or 75 reward, they might release this halfmade version just to reduce it’s rank. With all the things you have mentioned, it definitely won’t fit into rank IV and might not even fit into rank V. And they won’t give you a rank VI premium in a Battle Pass for sure.

Since it would have a stab, thermals, laser rangefinder, quick horizontal drive, actual autoloader and very good armor for what it is, it would definitely end up higher than VIDAR, so probably somewhere around 8.3 - 8.7, which is already rank VI territory

3 Likes

I asked for it

1 Like

This is a tank game, not a history game. You can balance vehicles using the BR system, so stop whining.

1 Like

Shame on you. :P

Ah no. Its an airplane history game that has tanks in it. When you “balance vehicels” without their historcal context, they might as well be grav tanks with lasers and particle cannons.

Wish we would get the M107A3 shell as well… just the standard M107 is criminal…

That compliant thinking is exactly why game is where it is right now
Deep cold war radar SPAA shooting down WWII planes
Artillery from 2019 playing against WWII tanks
Russian tanks that are 5 x stronger than real life counterparts

Fun game isn’t it
Also reason why this game will always be shadow of what it could be.

1 Like

Really cool new turret popper, it’s really nice seeing the Israeli ground tree getting a brand new domestic vehicle! It’s a shame I probably won’t be able to grind it out :(
Will this vehicle come in the form of a coupon or will it be immediately acquired upon unlocking it?

Just like any other BP vehicle, at level 50/75 you get untradeable coupon and then at level 105/125 you get an upgrade allowing you to sell it

1 Like

and then you sell it for 0.83 gjn

Oh right, totally forgot about the coupon upgrades lol. Thx

I mostly play Ground Battles, so that’s my bad.

But yeah, just balance it with Battle Ratings.

This isn’t just a tank game, nor is it a fighter plane game, nor a battleship game. It’s a game for all machinery of war that can possibly fit into the play styles and combat scenarios of this game. That’s why SPHs, bombers, and coastal boats are all allowed in this game.

1 Like

And put in a blender…

here let me give you a better example.

Sweden’s entire bottom tier, is comprised of vehicles from late WW2 to early Cold War. Yet they’re fighting early WW2 vehicles… which doesn’t fit their era. Why? because they would lose against equal BR vehicles and cannot fight them on fair grounds.

Another example? The Type 74s were developed nearly 10 years after most of the MBTs theyre fighting against in war thunder. But they’re just not as good as other MBTs of their era, so they’re put where they are at for balance reasons.

Your argument is flawed and you reached limply for the T-62 like that proves anything. There’s times when vehicles from a certain service period are on par and thus can be the same battle range in war thunder.

However there is PLENTY of instances where vehicles can either drastically over or under perform relative to other vehicles of their time. That’s why Gaijin has things like the Wiesel 1A4 fighting early cold war vehicles, because if you put it against leopard 2s and Abrams tanks it’d literally be entirely unusable.

5 Likes