BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

What do you mean

This is just hopes and prayers. Do you have a single shred of evidence for even half of these things?

Yes, but to find my sources again will take a while

Eh, I think it’d do alright. Be a bit harder to use than most, but smiting the planes it would be fighting would be entertaining.

Yes, but im thinking in like sim. The Gr7 with no radar is very hard to actually employ Aim-9Ms half the time. ASRAAM is going to be even worse and you’d never get close enough to vid a target because you would just be taken out by an ARH.

In Sim, I’d not sure how great of an improvement it would actually end up to send it up in BR as opposed to coming in with just the ground ordnance it can carry. Think it’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.

Yep it is

I’d personally wager they’d be necessary at the BR harrier would get sent to with just the ground ordnance it can carry, if history is any indicator.

Well… hopefully with the split BRs that is no longer necessary. I did fear that for both the Gr9A and GR4 that ASRAAM would be needed for Brimstone to be possible, but for now. Im not sure. Though they might make the claim that Brimstones are too good at killing AI ground targets and so it need to be a higher BR like they did with the Gr1 and its GBUs

1 Like

Based on what i have read it isnt enough for a suggestion for that we require proof of construction of unique equipment for the vehicle.

4 Likes

This issue is made easier with GR.9 HMD (I know its borrowed from retired Jags)
and a Harrier III would solve this

Unless it has in-HUD IFF like we see on the full HMD on the A-10. It wont make a difference.

I believe, but I not sure

Also the Harrier III had a HMD, but at the time the option for use of the Sriker or the Jaguar GR.3’s HMD (can’t remember name rn)

FA.2 get its HUD yet?

a woman in a pink sweater sits at a desk in front of a wall full of pictures

6 Likes

I thought GR.9 had D/L? If that was the case the whole IFF and no radar thing would be less of an issue, if modelled correctly.

Currently, my most wanted Harrier variant is the Indian FRS.51, specifically upgraded under the LUSH program

Please no Churro Sea Harrier

I mostly just want it because Magic IIs and nice cockpit