BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

FA.2 with no AMRAAM and no BOL doesn’t sound like fun to me. Just a GR7 with a radar and minimal countermeasures.

1 Like

No, I would be a SHar with:

• Harrier II type manoeuvrability
  • Top speed of roughly 1 350 km/h
  • 8 wing pylons for missiles
  • Smaller, downgraded Fox Hunter radar
  • AIM 7 F/M or Skyflash (ASF would be funny to see on a 1st gen Harrier)
  • AIM 9 L/M and L Dechirped)
  • 90 countermeasures (15 on each wing as additional)
    So it wouldn’t be incompitent in a fight and expected to be ready by late 1983 and entered service of 1985, 1986.

Are there any pictures of this?

Is it a new aircraft or just a FRS with different weapons?

FRS.2 was identical in airframe to FA.2.

Not a FRS.2 then

Still not a FRS.2

???

Total nonsense then?

Again not an FRS.2

5 Likes

No, I would a have recevied a new wing

New engine, but not on all proposals but enough commonality between them

What I said about the ASF was a joke

Based on the Fox Hunter, but a new smaller, less advanced radar

New wing

So it didn’t exist at all.

To my knowledge no such radar existed.

I mean everything no Shar carried Sparrow or Skyflash, and we never purchased any 7F’s or 7M’s.

If this is all based on drawings and proposals for a upgrade to FRS.1 ahead of FRS.2/FA.2 being a thing. Its not very likely to come to game at all.

Wasn’t given the go ahead for building as not to waste too much money, but was designed

I know, the british Gov never wanted go weaponry, but was able to carry them if the RN bought some or the FRS.2 was exported

Not an upgrade

The FRS.1 upgrading took long because the projects were changed and were on-off

Yeah I’d give up now, there is near zero chance that it comes to game if that’s all that existed of it.

Its enough info for a suggestion forum

It would also be fun to play

With a non-existent radar, airframe, wing design? Its just not worth your time.

We cant even have the EAP and that was real and flew.

1 Like

Pretty sure the “Harrier 3” as ive seen it called was already outright denied due to it being entirely paper.

1 Like

The radar would be so similar to the Tornado F.2 you won’t feel a difference.
It would be slightly heavier the the Harrier GR.7 but would fly as well
and the more missiles would be nice

Before or after my post on it

Far before, half a year ago atleast.

Gaijin tends to avoid purely paper vics at all costs (ignore the ones that slipped through like Ho-Ri Production and Panther II, KT 105 ect) because its far easier for them to find real vehicles or at the very least prototypes/tech demos to model for the game because they atleast then have something tangable to work with.

I understand, but at the highest top tier ground it would do well and at current 13.0, so maybe in a year it would be really be ready for addition

im sure it would but it doesnt matter. there is such a low chance of it even being considered its practically 0.

6 Likes

ok :(

The only Harriers we have left is:

Harrier T8 - Could make a wierd event vehicle, but could be kinda cool

Sea Harrier FRS1 (late) - Sea harrier FRS1 with Aim-9Ms (Would only want it if they were really really barrel scraping but we are years off that)

Harrier Gr5 - Harrier Gr7 but with Aim-9Ls and a few other limitations, would make a good premium equivalent to the AV-8B(NA) (could also be added in the Gr5A variant for the upgraded Mk107 engine)

Harrier Gr9A - 6x Aim-9M (or ASRAAM, but fear it would be rather unfun at that BR) . Mk107 engine and HMS along with A2G upgrades like Sniper Tpod and Brimstone

and thats about it for airframes that actually flew. Something like the Sea Harrier MK3 would be fun, but highly unlikely anytime soon. and besides, would just be nice to eventually get the Harriers we do have modeled properly

1 Like

I complained about it earlier in the forum, the Harrier II forum and Harrier GR.5 suggestion forum.

Do you have anything other than halfways and maybe’s?

1 Like