BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

FA.2 shares the same HUD as the FRS.1

1 Like

Also has the Harrier Gr3 HUD but bodged radar gunsight using the canon CCIP symbology

1 Like

Glad to see this prediction was sorta right

They can still add the Viggen Di which, just like the Gripen C, was exactly the same as the Viggen D just with everything in English instead of Scandi.

Watch the cockpit instruments all be in french or something :D

1 Like

Idk, i really just dont have the will or the want to fly another viggen against f16’s.

Well considering gaijin hasn’t fixed half the language being german on swedish aircraft i doubt it would be any better in english

1 Like

Sunday Shar time, get out there and put some AMRAAM’s onto foreheads.

4 Likes

Submission for the next SHAR Sunday thumbnail

6 Likes

Did quite a chunk of the event token last night in the FA2 in Sim and it has such potential to be a really fun aircraft but the lack of HUD makes it such a chore, the lack of decent RWR leaves you virutally blind and the barely functional CMs meant I was having a hard time flaring R-60s. How you are suppose to flare R-73s or other IRCCM missiles is totally beyond me. You can barely flare/chaff 12.0 IR/SARH missiles in it. How you are meant to compete with 13.7 IRCCM/ARH slingers is beyond me.

3 Likes

Does anyone know why FA2 can’t carry Bol and mount two 9Ms at the same time like F3?

2 Likes

Not to say its impossible, @Flame2512 has crafted a report up to suggest it “could” be done. But nothing explicit in the manual says it was done.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/zcBgtng9Pe5x

2 Likes

I’m just surprised when I’m driving the Fa2. He can’t carry Bol like the F3 when he carries 4 9Ms. Thank you for your answer.

3 Likes

It’s a different setup.
Tornado had 4 integrated pylons for sidewinder with their own wiring for each launch rail.
Sea Harrier has 2 pylons wired, and the launch rails are on a twin adapter that may or may not support the function of BOL depending on how it electronically manages switching between the two launch rails mounted on it…

@Gunjob, a while ago you posted how the SHar’s HUD should look like in-game, but would it also have the same bomb and rocket symboligy as the GR.3?

Question; did the Sea Harrier FRS.1 have enough engine power to take off with 2 x AIM 7 Sparrows and 2 x AIM 9L Sidewinder missiles?

Had enough engine power to take off with 4x Aim-9L and 5x 1000lb bombs. So probably. But no way to guide the Aim-7s

Bombs;

Spoiler

Guns;

Spoiler

Doesnt appear to have a rocket specifc set of symbology, but that could be the 2" RN RP rockets were out of service by the time this manual was updated so the section was removed.

1 Like

Take off? No problem, but it has no ability to guide Sparrows even if you could find a way to mount them. Blue Fox doesn’t have the CW illuminator needed.

1 Like

Target cross is for CCRP right?

and what is CDA Symbol?

Thanks in advance

(god I hope we get that HUD soon)