BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

Was it possible for the FA.2 to carry 4 x AIM 120 in ADDITION to 2 AIM 9 like the AV-8B Plus can? If not, was this some sort of limitation with the first-generation harriers or was there another reason?

It is mainly the wing. The first gen harrier wing has 2 less hard points than the second gen

Anyone know what “IPD” and “JCW” are on FA.2s RWR?

I-Band PD radar, J-band CW illumination.

1 Like

Which would translate to “basically 90% of aircraft at top tier” and "you’re about to be hit by the steel chair known as the R-23R or R-24R.

It is time!

6 Likes

F A L K L A N D S M O M E N T

5 Likes

Arguably isnt the SHAR camo 1 that should go on the TT early version? Would fit better imo but still nice to see.

2 Likes

Does this need to be changed or are we missing anything?

So this has been confirmed?

3 Likes

They’re missing on the outboard pylons but you take missiles there so it’s kinda pointless.

Yes it’s from a National Archives doc.

2 Likes

i still find it funny that they would give us the skin for the FRS 1 instead of the falklands FRS 1(e)
and also sad that they again didnt even bother giving the aircraft its registration number

5 Likes

Did anybody get awarded the Op. Corporate camo yet, now the promo period has ended?

1 Like

No, not yet

Nothing here.

inb4 gaijin told everyone to use the wrong plane xD

2 Likes

Nada. Really hoping they didn’t give us bad instructions on how to get it

3 Likes

Sharkey
Seems it’s been published now

6 Likes

Yep and it even has gotten an aircraft identification which is nice

3 Likes

Been playing the SHarrier FA.2 recently and noticed how hot the engines run, I can easily and reliably flare AIM-9Ms and R-73/Es but this isn’t really the case for the SHarrier FA.2, on side and front aspects this is pretty easy but for missiles which mainly rely on FOV it seems impossible to flare from the rear (like the AIM-9J/L and R-73/E).

In my J-11A, F-16 and J-8F experience I haven’t ran into the same issue even though those are afterburning aircraft and I’ve also heard somewhere that the IR temperature the Harrier produces is incorrect, is this true?

Apparently each nozzle is counted as a engine and those 4 nozzles combined create some crazy temperatures

1 Like

You are correct there, because of Gaijin’s spaghetti code each nozzle counts as an engine and each engine is coded to produce a certain amount of heat.
And this type of code is good and easy to implement and work with, but the problem comes in when you have unconventional thrust exhaust types (like on the harrier and on helicopters ((except they tweaked the code since helis were first added and broke many plane engines)) even proper thrust vectoring will be difficult to add with bad bugs.
The Harrier had very cold exhaust gases, hottest getting was around 500-650 C

4 Likes