BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

That’s a bummer. At the very least the front nozzles should certainly not be counted the same as the rear ones, as they get their air from in front of the combustion chambers, and are thus “cold”…

1 Like

Agreed and I’ve thought the engine temps must also be brought down to a realistic combined temperature.

Has anyone actually done any testing to prove that this is the case? Or is it just speculation that everyone keeps repeating?

Idk, and idk if we can even check it. Maybe something in the files.
yea, i do not like what i see
image - image
Ok, it seems like 0-3 are the nozzles we talk about, and 4-8 are controlling ones

Only one set of the nozzles seems to output hot air as the rest are fed with the bypass air.

2 Likes

What a nice Harrier
OH GOD

6 Likes

P.1154 is real

4 Likes

this proves my point and evidence

Only the rear has the plume

How so? its the old engine flame effect that is only there in the CDK, it isn’t present in game, and the rear nozzles are the “hot” ones.

Nozzles are grouped in pairs, rear and front

I suspect the main reason the Harrier has a harder time decoying IR missiles is because the nozzles are almost in the middle of the airframe. So the IR seekers are more cantered on the aircraft from the start so the flares need to pull the seeker further than normal.

We will never know unless we get a simulation of how missile see the Harrier in game, or a comment from the devs. All we do is speculate

Total of 4 exhausts, does that mean anything for the game, i dont know

Which is right but I wonder if there is a way to tell if the forward nozzles are considered “hot” in game. I might ask a dev about this.

Please do. I failed to find anything in the datamine and CDK

2 Likes

I’ve asked a Dev.

6 Likes

I mean there is no way to tell, so until a dev can confirm it you’re talking out your arse mate haha.

From what testing I could do and that was my result but maybe it has been changed since then. If there was a change then it was pretty had to notice

I’m with Gunjob on this one. In the files there is nothing stating any temperature or bands, that could be used to determine what nozzles are hot. Either im looking in the wrong place, or that data is not shown.