BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

is the current RWR final?
it is way worse than the Tornado F.3 and basically only marginally better than the one on the SHAR FRS.1

Correct per the manual. The Tornado F.3 just had a much more advanced RWR, it was the most advanced RWR of its time.

wellp, so now even less of a reason to stay at that br

1 Like

Speaking of manuals, do we know what the PPI radar display showed? Was it just radar returns or was there other situational awareness elements included?

yes ,that br is so unreasonable and unbalanced

were there any fusulage differences between the built FA.2 and the ones that were upgraded FRS.1?

Very small only a little powerful and stable engine

Clearly the ECM pods were working as intended

1 Like

Just radar contacts.

1 Like

Even if it does go down in BR it’ll still face top tier jets.

Only way it can stay out that bracket is if it goes to 11.7, which i doubt gaijin will allow.

Bug report in for ADEN Keybinding

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/59gauwkDRryH

Not purely on the basis of whether they’re a rebuild or a new build.

There were a number of changes to the FA.2 over the years (an additional VHF blade antenna on the spine around where the fuselage was lengthened, removal of the doppler panels ahead of the front landing gear, addition of two GPS blister antennas on the spine). So some specific serials might not have had all these changes before they were retired - particularly the deletion of the doppler panels and installation of GPS antennas.
However, the changes were not exclusive to new built planes - they can be found on FRS.1 conversions like ZE693. And most if not all of the new builds were delivered before any of those changes were made. Some of the very last ones like ZH812 (last one built was ZH813), seem like they may have been delivered with the extra blade antenna but still had the doppler panels and no GPS antenna.

2 Likes

Goddamn where is that HUD, I haven’t got to playing with the SHAR yet but it’s apparently nigh on unusable… which is strange given it should be a job of near enough copy and paste from the FRS.1…

1 Like

They shouldnt have added the FA2 without the hud.

Im trying to gind modules in it now.

Its a pain as it is, but without the hud, its intolerable. when you finally get in range, you cant see where the target is.

dont get me started on stock 9Ls at 12.3 either.

2 Likes

I’ll pop a post on that tonight, and include the F.3 Late in it too. Would’ve done so earlier but had an exam so…

Not even that, because it is playable without one in ARB.

It should’ve come with it to begin with, and I’m putting the blame squarely at Gaijin’s feet here. 7 P’s gentlemen:

Prior Preparation and Planning Prevents P*ss Poor Performance

3 Likes

My other gripe is the Sim Brackets.

@Morvran pointed out that if Gaijin added an 11.3-12.3 bracket, a lot of issues could be alleviated.

Currently 11.7+ all get grouped into 11.7-13.0, where 13.0 jets absolute wipe the floor with anything sub 12.7

11.3-12.3 bracket needs adding.

4 Likes

apart from anything else, 12.3 might actually have a chance to shine

It is so bad
Like seriously I played 25 battles at this point with the grand total of 10 kills for 22 deaths. The Shar just can not compete stock. Especially with all the F-16Cs and such that basically get ARHs from the get go

2 Likes

Huh, turns out you can change the Left MFD in the cockpit though a preset of options including a map (and the radar display found on the right MFD)
Downside is the map is in greyscale so is fairly useless for identifying targets in Air RB, might be useful for Sim though?

How about we just keep dying, over and over and over again? There cant be many of us who would actually play this thing in its current state. We wont be able to do this for the tornado, but im willing to spend a couple million sl just to get this thing to a usable br…

2 Likes