BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

CBLS 100 (Carrier, Bomb, Light Stores)
For dropping little practice bombs

2 Likes

you’re thinking too small.

I’m thinking plaster their offices a mixture of tea bags, tea leaves, teacups, teapots, boiling vessels, kettles, Union Flags, Lord Kitchener posters and portraits of Winston Churchill, Sharkey Ward, Admiral Nelson

I love you to bits. 30 ish minutes of stress relieving Sea Harrier noises (although there’s some dirty Jaguars and Tornadoes sneaking in. ew.)

Sir you will give the Jaguar its belly rubs when it requests them on the airfield.

5 Likes

Nah love a good Jaguar. Got lucky enough to get behind the closed doors at No.1 STT (?) at Cosford.

They have so many Jags you wouldn’t believe it

what about this one?

Rolls Royce make some epic sounding engines.

The Pegasus is my fave mil engine.

RB211-535E4 is my fave civ engine, which I had the pleasure to work on for a few years before it was retired.

1 Like

that one is kinda cursed - no tail and er… it’s a T.2. that one i’m afraid can burn.

Pegasus is just the supreme engine.

3 Likes

Bristol being the one who designed the Pegasus
“Hey”

3 Likes

Unfortunately the Sea Harrier still has the Gr3 Hud

The MFD radar display is a little closer to IRL than it was on dev at least (and while I’m on the subject the Tornado F.3 also looks to have a more realistic radar scope)

the sea harrier fa2‘ current br is too high,it behaves so terrible now that it can’t kill any one and itself is so easy to be killed ,all this make we players so hard to play or even can’t play it at all before we get aim120.
all it because its body is BR9.7 level but play with the terrible su27 ,f15,f16

i know you may think i’m exaggerating,but please try it by youself for real.

@Smin1080p

Please do not keep spamming the same response in multiple topics. I have answered you in the other topic.

sorry

Extremely disappointed with the lack of HUD, no way to see radar contacts in front of you. Nothing has been done for the Tornado either, a critical feature for situational awareness in Sim. Sadly the AV-8B is the same, just has the Gr.7 HUD with no radar features apart from the EEGS.

4 Likes

serious bug find
the bols come no use when choose aim9m+bol
@Gunjob

Its broken on all loadouts. And on several aircraft.

Well, after ~10 deaths for 12 kills in air RB, i can safely say I am not enjoying the SHAR FA2 in top tier combat in that game mode lol. Though I expected that given gaijins unwillingness to give a little for subsonics (eg on the large maps ending up 15-20km behind your team and not getting into the fight).

GE’d amraam because frankly, it is a form of torture to try and just use IR missiles.

Went into GRB, while a lot less planes then normal (usually 3-5 planes spawn on the enemy team from previous experience in top tier), very much enjoyable as a CAP plane… when the enemy plays ball and spawns a plane in, especially so if your team has no SAM/SPAA to protect the targ-i mean tanks on the team.

While it might improve over time, personally I will recommend for those who get too stressed by air RB to simply go into GRB and slap down some CAS there.

2 Likes

honestly sounds like what I’m going to end up doing, the low BR of 11.7 seems fairly neat. Apart from anything else, it just isn’t meta. I don’t understand Gaijin’s logic of not giving it something more potent stock, and even then, 9Ms aren’t ideal if your enemy has the vaguest of ideas as to what they’re doing.

No doubt it won’t happen because as usual Brit Air mains manage to make the unworkable work.

yeah… since my last death i have managed to get 17 kills due to playing GRB and counting lol, so might be seeing its GRB BR altered though tbf, it isnt really going to be that much an issue i suspect.

Still not shot down any props yet though! Unless we count drones as props.