BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

Ah… you are out of Aim-9Ls as well… That might be a contributing factor.

I will try that and retest tomorrow. It would happen once all my bombs were dropped if i still had 9L’s on the rails. It was recorded when i had a moment out of combat to record bug.

In hindsight i should have taken the recording after the bomb runs when the bug occurred. If it still occurs after i recreate the loadout then i will get a better clip of it.

Grab a screenshot by hitting printscrn/F12 too. They like them for bug reports when combined with a Clog file

I have a screenshot of the scoreboard which shows current version in top right. Could i just screenshot my video? how would i get a Clog file on playstation?

Oh… That i have no idea about, that is a @Gunjob question.

On PC, the screenshot has a data/time stamp in the name they can use to pair with CLOG file to know exactly where to look. On PS, I have absolutely no idea

If on playstation best to get someone on PC to submit this, as you cannot get the CLOG file on playstation.

1 Like

Manage to replicate it in the FRS1 (I dont have the FRS1e spaded) in a test flight, so I shall make a quick report.

1 Like

Cheers, don’t forget to add in the steps to reproduce the issue.

Yep, just figuring out the exact details of the bug now. Including the variables. It wierd. Essentially. the Cockpit sight mode: Standard. Adopts bomb/rocket CCIP mode once all AAMs are expended. But if only AAMs are present on the airframe, then it will retain the gunsight once AAMs are expended.

So figuring out the best way to word the bug report but it is easily reproducible

There you go:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/rncokKtmNn2n

If I were to put money on it. I would guess its to do with the automatic sight mode when the game automatically swaps to bombs or rockets once all AAMs have been fired. So the “Standard” mode which should have the gunsight, is becoming either the Rocket or Bomb mode instead of the game automatically swapping you to the correct sight mode at the same time. The CCIP reticle is fully functional in “Standard”

(I really hate that they’ve added that, automatic swapping of sight mode/weapons actually really sucks)

1 Like

Well… I had a hunch, so went fishing and I was correct. As the Sea Harrier’s use the same HUD as the Harrier Gr1, I tested this bug using the exact same methodology and replicated there as well (I havent got the Harrier Gr3 Spaded so cant test that).

Then tested Jaguar Gr1A as it too shares the same HUD, same bug.

For good measure, I tested other aircraft (Phantom FGR2/FG1, Harrier Gr7 and Gripen C) and sure enough, same bug. So this is not an aircraft/HUD specific bug, but rather a universal bug affecting all aircraft (or at least all aircraft in the British tree, with bomb/rocket CCIP cockpit sight modes). Does occur with the Tornado Gr1 as well, but unlike the others it has the additional “air target” mode. Whilst “Standard” is bugged, “Air targets” still functions correctly

I’ve updated the report to be for all aircraft, including a second CLOG which should have test flights from all tested aircraft

2 Likes

I’ve added the Jag’s and all Gen1 Harriers but it seems a bit more wide spread.

I’ve tested a few more aircraft and it seems taking rockets will remove the gun sight on lots of airframes. Some of them have an A2A gunsight option, but their standard sight will not have a gun cross when only taking rockets, but will have one as long as you still have AAM’s which promptly disappears once you have expended those AAM’s.

Yep, I tested every aircraft i’ve got (everything in the british tree) that has CCIP modes in the cockpit and sure enough, bug affects them all.

Edit:

Oh yeah, jsut tested it with no AAMs at all (not sure why I didnt think to test that) , and only rockets and it does it too. Want me to add that to the bug report?

Nah its all good, I’ve updated the internal version with my testing.

Aircraft with Guns and Rockets, the standard sight will have no gun cross only rockets.

Aircraft with Guns, Rockets and AAM’s, there will be a gun cross while you have AAM’s, once the AAM’s have been fired the gun cross is gone.

Aircraft with Guns, Rockets, AAM’s and an Air to Air gun sight, there will be a gun cross in the standard sight until the AAM’s have been fired at which point the gun cross is only in the A2A sight.

2 Likes

Okaydokie, Thank you.

Its bombs too. The Standard sight just adopts the CCIP reticle (which surprisingly, works correctly, in the past, where you could swap sight modes independently of weapon selection, the CCIP reticle wouldnt work until the correct weapon was also selected)

Also, I think this is a very very recent bug (since the event started). Because I ran the Jaguar Gr1 a few days ago/last week, with only bombs (for max score farming), but had a functional gun sight (shot down a F-104 with the gun, sight was definetly working). It now doesnt. Even with the exact same loadout selected.

1 Like

Thank you @Morvran and @Gunjob for reporting for me.

3 Likes

Your welcome, it seems you stumble on a far larger bug than just one affecting the Sea Harrier.

2 Likes

Its like it has spread like covid lol. Hopefully its an easy fix.

Uh… We can hope. As it mostly affects the SB community, I doubt it will be a high Priority. Though at least for now, its semi avoidable. Just try and avoid using all AAMs before using up your A2G weapons, Not ideal I know, but better than nothing.

1 Like

Yeah, I will bare that in mind, might even just stick to A2A for the time being. Was mainly bombing because the lobby wasnt populated enough at the time.