BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

No;

Spoiler

1 Like

Ah ok, four is still good

I assume it can take 4 x Sidewinders (dual wing mounts) and 2 x AMRAAMS (fuselage mounts) which is pretty good

So still 6 missiles, just not all AMRAAMS

Correct

I hope it doesn’t come with a stupidly high BR ‘because AMRAAMs’

In theory, they should be defeated in a similar manner to the phoenix.

What are we predicting?

11.7?

Also we’re going to need more modern HUD’s and the ability to switch between aa & ag modes to change the HUD symbology.

Given most top tier jets are multi role, it’s annoying we only get a basic aa HUD symbology.

11.7? with AMRAAM? are you bonkers?

ALL Fox-3 shouldnt be anywhere below 14.0 imo but realistically we will be lucky to get 13.0

You do get that they are basically going to be worse Sparrows, that at best will kill trade. They’re not some super weapon that will be dumpstering everyone, with no counterplay. Especially considering its counterparts that are turning up alongside it which are up to two decades newer(1986 vs 2005, AMRAAM vs PL-12) and have significantly better performance than the early variant(s) which we are getting access to.

They can be beaten with a 3G turn at 15 km(when they go active), which practically every single airframe is easily capable of.

At the ranges AMRAAM will be used, they can be easily defeated.

If you dont defend against a launch warning, you’re asking to be sent back to hangar.

RB will be annoying, yes, small maps and 16v16, but at SB, they wont be a major issue.

12.0 is my guess, but with the finger on the trigger to go to 12.3 if its needed. (but I do hope it could be lower)

Sea Harrier FA2 is going to have the fraction of the killing power that something like the F-16C or Gripen or F-15C will have. Most 11.3s probably wont struggle overly against them, in fact I think the only ones that will be overly affected is the F-14As

That is the maximum possible loadout, but may not be the best. Im currently looking at 3x Aim-9M (1x twin mount on one wing and 1x single mount with BOL on the other) With AMRAAM on the belly.

If its possible, maybe also another loadout with 2x Aim-9M (twin mount on one wing) and an AMRAAM on the other with BOL. With then AMRAAM on the belly.

In either case, the addition of 160 additional CMs might be more beneficial than the extra AAM. Especially as you’ll probably want to avoid direct furballing.

One thing is for certain, if it gets released and is completely sh!t. We will take it one with Gaijin, cause Britain’s been screwed too much and we have some people with good influence in Gaijin talking in this forum

In theory, there shouldn’t be anything for them to screw up like they have for the Tornados.

Though a part of me is still expecting the Harrier Gr3 cockpit HUD

The biggest concern I have is the BR.

I was wondering, with the upgrades, would the FA2 have gun lead for shooting other planes? If not I really am struggling to see the point in taking guns like, ever for it?

It does yes.

Spoiler

4 Likes

Ah, very neat, ty ^^.

How good is the Blue Vixen radar?

Also can the Sea Harrier FA.2 use skyflahes?

Blue Vixen doesn’t have a CW illuminator, so no.

FRS1 should have them as well:

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/dqeuzVcn1Fjh

But yeah, Aiming them is pain

Its currently on the Gripens if you want to try it out

But was suppose to be exceptionally good IRL

Base for the PS-05 radar in the Gripen.
Also the base for the ECR-90 Which is the radar in the Typhoon