BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

Your welcome, it seems you stumble on a far larger bug than just one affecting the Sea Harrier.

2 Likes

Its like it has spread like covid lol. Hopefully its an easy fix.

Uh… We can hope. As it mostly affects the SB community, I doubt it will be a high Priority. Though at least for now, its semi avoidable. Just try and avoid using all AAMs before using up your A2G weapons, Not ideal I know, but better than nothing.

1 Like

Yeah, I will bare that in mind, might even just stick to A2A for the time being. Was mainly bombing because the lobby wasnt populated enough at the time.

I found another work around. Disable weapon selection. Set a binding for “Exit selected weapon mode” and when you’ve fired all AAMs and need the gunsight, just turn off weapon selection and the gunsight reappears (will disappear again if you select your bombs/rockets though, but then when you are done just disable it again )

2 Likes

Cheers. Will be making use of that for now.

There is still no HMD on ULQ and on linux - at any settings since november patch. Atleast based apemax forward the linux issue so it might be fixed everywhere

was the Indian sea harrier armed with magic one or magic two

Yes.

Since India used both of them, safe to say it could use both.

This is awesome, I’d personally love to see cluster munitions come to the game, especially as a few of my favorite aircraft get them, I assume it would be better for air RB base bombing compared to regular bombs. I’d like to see the “BombKapsel 90” on the AJS-37, also, I haven’t payed much attention in cockpit on the AJ/AJS-37 but the round display to the right of the HUD which is the visual of what the RB-75/AGM-65 bore sight is seeing, is that modeled in the cockpit?

I think you’re lost here. We have not mentioned anything about cluster munitions or the Viggen. From what I can tell yes the RB-75 screen is modelled in the cockpit.

Cluster Munitions weren’t mentioned? I mentioned the Viggen because it has cluster munitions, not just saying it at random.

CBUs are a core A2G weapon for quite a few aircraft. What I’d give for JP233 on the Tornado

3 Likes

Are you prepared for the desync that would come with it as well. It would be even worse than the spaa desync we have already as it’s hundreds of bomblets and not even just 30mm rounds.

But…but… but …

(Yes I know its MW1, not JP233)

Well if it isnt “Geneva convention? I thought it was a to do list…” machine.

2 Likes

Sorry it’s a short. Was browsing the internet last minute and I found this.

3 Likes

Full vid.
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxf_gZfhH1bCApTXHuGaxjkFaNMhbvjugV?si=sPjAgjW9KzRMSVe7

Brilliant, I loved it when they did things like that. and I 100% believe that convo happened:

BBC: “Good afternoon, we wonder if we can borrow a Sea Harrier for a skit on Top Gear”

Royal Navy: “How many do you want?”

4 Likes