BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

They can still add the Viggen Di which, just like the Gripen C, was exactly the same as the Viggen D just with everything in English instead of Scandi.

Watch the cockpit instruments all be in french or something :D

1 Like

Idk, i really just dont have the will or the want to fly another viggen against f16’s.

Well considering gaijin hasn’t fixed half the language being german on swedish aircraft i doubt it would be any better in english

1 Like

Sunday Shar time, get out there and put some AMRAAM’s onto foreheads.

4 Likes

Submission for the next SHAR Sunday thumbnail

6 Likes

Did quite a chunk of the event token last night in the FA2 in Sim and it has such potential to be a really fun aircraft but the lack of HUD makes it such a chore, the lack of decent RWR leaves you virutally blind and the barely functional CMs meant I was having a hard time flaring R-60s. How you are suppose to flare R-73s or other IRCCM missiles is totally beyond me. You can barely flare/chaff 12.0 IR/SARH missiles in it. How you are meant to compete with 13.7 IRCCM/ARH slingers is beyond me.

3 Likes

Does anyone know why FA2 can’t carry Bol and mount two 9Ms at the same time like F3?

2 Likes

Not to say its impossible, @Flame2512 has crafted a report up to suggest it “could” be done. But nothing explicit in the manual says it was done.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/zcBgtng9Pe5x

2 Likes

I’m just surprised when I’m driving the Fa2. He can’t carry Bol like the F3 when he carries 4 9Ms. Thank you for your answer.

3 Likes

It’s a different setup.
Tornado had 4 integrated pylons for sidewinder with their own wiring for each launch rail.
Sea Harrier has 2 pylons wired, and the launch rails are on a twin adapter that may or may not support the function of BOL depending on how it electronically manages switching between the two launch rails mounted on it…

@Gunjob, a while ago you posted how the SHar’s HUD should look like in-game, but would it also have the same bomb and rocket symboligy as the GR.3?

Question; did the Sea Harrier FRS.1 have enough engine power to take off with 2 x AIM 7 Sparrows and 2 x AIM 9L Sidewinder missiles?

Had enough engine power to take off with 4x Aim-9L and 5x 1000lb bombs. So probably. But no way to guide the Aim-7s

Bombs;

Spoiler

Guns;

Spoiler

Doesnt appear to have a rocket specifc set of symbology, but that could be the 2" RN RP rockets were out of service by the time this manual was updated so the section was removed.

1 Like

Take off? No problem, but it has no ability to guide Sparrows even if you could find a way to mount them. Blue Fox doesn’t have the CW illuminator needed.

1 Like

Target cross is for CCRP right?

and what is CDA Symbol?

Thanks in advance

(god I hope we get that HUD soon)

I know the Blue Fox doesn’t have a CW or any good, useful feature because it was designed during a time of useless Labour Gov.
Thanks for

I thought it was the RAFs fault. They didnt want the RN to have any aircraft at all, because it was their job to fly planes and they would protect the fleet. So the RN had to convince the RAF that the SHar would be useless in anything more than dealing with shadower intercepts and so it was intentionally gimped to make it a “worse sell”.

Yeah

Climb/Dive angle

1 Like