BAe Sea Harrier - Technical data and discussion

I survived stock AV-8B Plus…
It can’t be that bad, right? Right?

Imagine you have a spaded Sea Harrier FRS.1(e) and you decided the game was too easy, so you up tiered yourself to 12.3.

4 Likes

Ooof… I guess it really is that bad
Still going for FA.2 though

You are sub sonic platform with 2 9L, everything else has energy advantage over you, has better flightm model, and there are 10 ARH missiles locked at your coordinates

1 Like

Spaded there is alot of fun to be had, is it the best vehicle in the game? No never was going to be. But in a 11.3-12.3 game you’ve got alot of reach with the AMRAAM which means you’re not instantly dead when someone looks at you.

Oh my god ITS REAL, Thanks

Difference is AV8B+ is the Harrier II airframe, Sea harrier FRS.2 is Harrier 1 airframe.

And then there was the plan to put Vixen into a GR.9A…

Which was the Harrier III proposal which I’ve mentioned a few times and have a forum on.

Would anyone be interested with a Discord chat for this group so people can grind and chat?

Was it possible for the FA.2 to carry 4 x AIM 120 in ADDITION to 2 AIM 9 like the AV-8B Plus can? If not, was this some sort of limitation with the first-generation harriers or was there another reason?

It is mainly the wing. The first gen harrier wing has 2 less hard points than the second gen

1 Like

Anyone know what “IPD” and “JCW” are on FA.2s RWR?

I-Band PD radar, J-band CW illumination.

1 Like

Which would translate to “basically 90% of aircraft at top tier” and "you’re about to be hit by the steel chair known as the R-23R or R-24R.

It is time!

6 Likes

F A L K L A N D S M O M E N T

5 Likes

Arguably isnt the SHAR camo 1 that should go on the TT early version? Would fit better imo but still nice to see.

2 Likes

Does this need to be changed or are we missing anything?

So this has been confirmed?

3 Likes

They’re missing on the outboard pylons but you take missiles there so it’s kinda pointless.

Yes it’s from a National Archives doc.

2 Likes