BAe Harrier II (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

I know this, I believe FRS.2 was used until it entered service

No an emergency situation that called for a Harrier with guns.

1 Like

How good can we expect Brimstone to be? 'Cause we already have Spikes and Mavericks which always goes centre mass and do no damage unless a big warhead.

Is there any proof of GR.9 being able to carry ASRAAM? I can’t find any pictures and the UK government specifically says on their website that it wasn’t done.

ADEN25 in both options with/without the link box;

Spoiler

ADEN25 with link box mounted on a GR7;

Spoiler

1 Like

That would be in part the fear of their state when added.

But Hellfire can fairly reliably one shot a tank and worse case scenario you have to double tap per target. That would still give us 8 AGM kills

This looks absolutely wrong

But the Hellfire is still laser guided and its launch platforms normally have high zoom optics allowing good accuracy

It wasn’t accepted into service on Harrier, but it did undergo trials.

2 Likes

I think he means issues with missiles like Hellfire, Spike, Mavs. etc just hitting the centre of the targets boundry box and just scoring a hit.

Brimstones IRL were able to chose the best place to impact to maximise their relatively small warhead. But I doubt that would be a feature in game. Instead the Brimstone would just hit dead centre and may not kill

1 Like

Thought Brimstone was fire-and-forget and/or radar guided, depending of version and mode

Id hope for Sniper pod for both the Harrier Gr9 and Tornado Gr4. So taht shouldnt be an issue. Im guessing we’ll get man-in-the-loop variants of the Brimstones and wont be the true FnF version

1 Like

Expand the “Brimstone” section on the OP.

Looks almost like it’s carrying 6 missiles

All Harrier II marks can carry up to Six Sidewinders or Six Mavericks. I have open report for this.

7 Likes

Would be great if the AV-8Bs received this capability as well (outrigger pylons), but the export restriction on the manuals is making it hard to achieve this…

AGM-65G-2, AGM-65J & AGM-65JX on Harrier GR.9A for RAF service. my guess

2x AIM-9M stock

The first aircraft for great britain tech tree equipped AN/AAQ-33 Sniper XR advanced targeting pod but Tornado GR.4 mounted Litening III pod only

Included Harrier GR.7 from great britain tech tree ?

Definitely not American tree

6xAIM-9s should be available on every second gen Harrier, aside from the AV-8B Day Attack which did not have the capability to mount outrigger pylons and maybe the GR.5, altough it has the outrigger pylons so it should still have all six