BAe Harrier II (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

No, Idra (aspide mk2) and active skyflash were not related

3 Likes

You can set a keybind for the TIALD via “shooter optic” or something and then have another keybind for external view. That’s what I do as I had the same problem, but a way to disable certain cameras would be nice.

1 Like

Does anyone know if there was any ability for the GR.7 or GR.9 to mount racks that could carry more than one bomb/missile? I’m excluding the brimstone ones and am more interested in whether or not the British harriers could mount several paveways on a pylon like the AV-8B Plus can.

Not in a realistic way. The UK primarily didn’t use the same Paveways as the US, and stopped using multi bomb racks before Harrier II.

UK Paveways haven’t been certified for carriage on those kinds of racks and AFAIK the racks aren’t compatible with the UK’s LEFA+MFBF safe arming and fuzing setup.
Preferred bombs for the GR.9A were dual-mode Paveways with GPS/INS capability: Enhanced Paveway II or Paveway IV. The US’ BRU-70 DITER capable of using GPS/INS bombs bombs like these, wasn’t in service until after the UK retired its Harrier fleet.

The only possibility would be carriage with GBU-12s from US stocks but there’s no evidence of this ever being done on a Harrier GR.7 with the non-digital TER-9 like the US do it with AV-8B.

1 Like