BAe Harrier II (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

I usually manage to win dogfights against MiG-29s simply due to the enemies inexperience in Simulator lol.

I do have some hope the 12.0 Mig’s will lose their ER’s in favour of R-73.

I seriously doubt it. At least not hte soviet ones. Im surprised they didnt get R-77 this update

Yeah it feels like you’re fighting against literal F-22s, this has happen to me a a lot. 😂

ER only came as a capability filler until R-73 could be fixed.

In that, I did get the kill, but 2x 9ls failed to even track, they just flew off randomly, I had to put a SkyTrash up his tail pipe

Yeah, but its only a Ahistorical addition to the German Mig-29s, not hte soviet, at least thats what I udnerstand. But it doesnt matter, will still exclusively see Mig29SMT, and so I now will have to deal with R-27ETs. So I wont even have RWR warning me of something incoming at me and the one area I held an advantage in, the 9Ls is now gone with R-73s. and still deal with the R-27ERs and it now has a better radar, so even less chance of winning a joust. its an 11.3 vs 12.7 fight

1 Like

Ok imma say this as politely as I can, he notches your radar, as you can see by the velocity vector, you can’t lock him because he is notching you… TWS is PD only, it’s detection is identical to the PD mode. I really don’t know what your expecting.

1 Like

Works in side aspect normally when in passive. and hes flying away from me. But I tired SRC, appears for a milisecond but then hes hidden by ground clutter, even with my radar pointing up.

Only reason that’s happening is because it saw the target once, and is using an inertial track for the next 7 or however many seconds it is.

SRC’s clutter handling is quite good on Foxhunter; so for me that’s rarely an issue.

SRC should still have seen him and given me IFF, that was what I was after. But apparently the sky is also ground clutter. That is very common, the radar just not seeing a target I can see with my eyes in any mode. Need to record it more often

Apparently happens with the F-14 too, was chatting with a guy the other day. I think its SB being SB again.

You switched to pulse for maybe 1second max… you could see that the radar saw him, you need to adjust where it’s looking so that it’s not startling blankly at the ground for most of its time.

You need to use a smaller search area with Pulse to get locks close to the ground. The wide search pattern is pretty tall and is clipping ground.

1 Like

Shall give it a go. Just wish it wasnt 12.0 in SB, even just 1 every 4 cycles like the Gr1 would make it more fun

Change the range gate as low as you can get it as well.

Hey, at least next update it will also see an mig 29 with R-73, R-27ET, and all that good stuff :P

We’ll see a MiG-29SMT with R-73s and R-27ETs, a F-16D for Israel with everything a nation can dream of for a Multirole Aircraft and Britain is stuck with a Sea Harrier FRS.1 (Early) which will serve no real purpose since the Squadron Sea Harrier FRS.1 (Late) can be obtained completely free of charge!

The only thing I’m hyped about is a Cockpit remodel which is bare minimal, I hope Gaijin has a “surprise vehicle” for Britain again like the Harrier GR.7 or this would be a HUGE disappointment (specifically the Sea Harrier FA.2 but one can only dream)…

5 Likes

That or we get something cool next patch, which is usually in October, so it’s not that far away.