BAe Harrier II (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

No maws - not phimat pods still.

Precisely. MAWS was apparently suppose to come this update, but some issues with betty (dammit betty) . At least thats the rumour

Those alone could be massive for it. After that, maybe incremental IR AAM buffs. Rather that jumping to the 9M, there is 3 variants of the 9L with IRCCM and the Aim-9L/I If I recall correctly. Those would be smaller buffs and more incremental.

9M would be a big buff and a BR increase is likely. Rather take Gr9 with 9Ms and Brimstone at a more appropriate BR for both. ASRAAM, whilst needed, would be horribly OP for a minor nation at the moment. Though I think that is what 2024 will be about

Really wanted to play SB but with keyboard/mouse I can’t get the hang of it.

I could never do M&K, but upgraded my joystick to a half decent HOTAS a few years ago. I now never play ARB

Yeah I started grinding out modifications for the Sea Harrier FRS.1 and got AIM-9Ls in preparations of the new update and the remodelled Cockpit/IFF for the Radar. I still have hope that the Sea Harrier FA.2 will be added last second or at least next patch.

Yep. Id guess AMRAAM update, but they’ve surprised us before. Though practicing the FRS1 frame is going to be good. I did a match tonight and it handles nothing like the Gr7 which is what my muscle memory is for. So it will be good to practice. Combine with the 9L fixes and it should be fun.

(especially with RN carriers now in SB, not US)

Put relative controls on for keyboard and mouse, it makes playing much easier but I’d recommend buying a HOTAS and for example the X52 Logitech Pro it never fails on me.

If a dev is saying it ASRAAM ain’t that far then heh

Yeah… But no chance of a fair fight. Its banned

ASRAAM is a little different to Aim-9X

Thanks! Unfortunately that HOTAS costs more than minimum wage here, I was considering thrustmaster’s t flight hotas x once I have some money.

The ASRAAM is a absolute unit of a Air to Air Missile so I highly doubt it would ever get added, the range won’t be that game changing obviously but a bit too early for the current state of War Thunder.

Maybe next patch and this is just a MAYBE but much too early unless Gaijin artificially nerfs it which is always a option so I’m not sure. Anything can happen at the end of the day and we’ll have to wait for the launch of the update.

Thanks! Unfortunately that HOTAS costs more than minimum wage here, I was considering thrustmaster’s t flight hotas x once I have some money.

That’s fine, you don’t need to spend all of your available money on a single object.

Those are good, I used one for years till the YAW died and decided to upgrade, found a good second hand X-56, which is still going strong (though with a few bodge job repairs taht nearly backfired)

Do you have any War Thunder Simulator Discord Servers I could join? Like a squadron server for Simulator matches or customs, I don’t really have anyone to play with when it comes to Simulator lol.

Yep, my priority is a chair (I’m using a plastic one lol) and a monitor, I’m using the same one since 2010.

1 Like

I did look and joined a Squadron called NATO. a few members on there that play SB, but mostly they do SQB.

But finding a SB squad is really hard

Ouch, I feel sorry for your back

1 Like

I got used to it lol
(Will probably regret about 30 years from now)

One of the first things I bought when I got a semi-decent job was a really good desk chair.

1 Like

My dad has one that makes me so jealous… Next month things are probably gonna get better hopefully.

Fingers crossed for you then

1 Like