BAe Harrier II (UK versions) - Technical data and discussion

do we know the vertical coverage aswell? like how the m2k maws coverage is almost entirely from below

Harrier GR.7s MAW has a full semi-sphere detection on the rear

2 Likes

But now in the game, you shoot from the rear from the bottom up, and his maws don’t work.

M2K or GR.7?

gr7

140 degree horizontal arc and 90 degree vertical arc.

The current automatic release pattern is 4 drops at 0.1 second intervals repeated every second, but with the BOL flare changes + mixed CMs it seems a little excessive. Gave it a try in dev and it used ~104CMs in 4 seconds. Swapped to flares only and it seems about the same, 12 or 14 CMs dropped per second (doubled with mixed ofc).

Do we have any details on the drop pattern it should have?

I dont
@Gunjob @Flame2512 do you guys have anything?

Testing with mixed:

Spoiler

https://youtu.be/ie6XhRjnho4

Testing with Flare only:

Spoiler

(The final missile is outside the sensor’s FoV)
https://youtu.be/Dy4hm4ENavY

1 Like

Yea, im gonan keep unsalving the maws
Why is there still no option to change the default option for things like gun ccip or maw slaving?

1 Like

As you should, afaik that stuff can get triggered by rockets as well, making it possible to deplete some planes’ countermeasures.

They might be wip, it is a PD maw so it should not get triggered by them

To my knowledge the release pattern for all MAWS in game is the same.

Froge want to know about their IRL pattern so we can report it

Only briefly checked but it just starts using whatever release plan was set. I’ll check deeper later.

1 Like

will the gr7 get the agm65g to replace the Incorrect agm65d?

1 Like

I dont think AGM-65D is “incorrect” but rather the Gr7 could just use all AGM-65 variants but the G has a different warhead that was better suited for the targets it faced in operations.

That being said, now that they have been added for other aircraft. Would be awesome to get the choice.

3 Likes

AGM-65D for the GR.7 IS incorrect as it never used them. It used the inferior (for game purposes) AGM-65G.

At least I might hope gaijin add AGM-65E & AGM-65G on Harrier GR.7 in Major Update “Alpha Strike”

1 Like

The question is will they give them to us