AV-8B NA vs A10C

Yeah… Id just go 11.7 or 12.0 for Sim. That would be more playable. You’d defo enjoy the Gr9A with 6x Aim-9M and HMS and a better engine :P

1 Like

Ive had this exact discussion in the discord server I squad up in, my only complaint about the GR7 is that the GR7a got the better engine, why cant they just add a letter and give me a less overheating engine. having two more sidewinders to smack people with would make me look like doomguy with a BFG

true however the issue is getting enough speed to lob it from a safe distance. The Av8 has the speed and the armament to be extremely good at 11.3, I just don’t think I can say the same for the A10

man, balancing the a10c is gonna be a night mare. Hopefully it gets more armaments. What I really want a the triple launcher pylon that can fire the laser mavs

the 6x Aim-9 and 6x AGM-65 is actually something all 3 (Gr5, Gr7 and Gr9) should have. Just figured it would be best to apply it to the Gr9A so the Gr7 doesnt get another BR bump

Gr7A upgrade would be good though

1 Like

do you have proof of this. I may do a little bug report to make my favourite jet a little more angry

Gunjob already has internal reports in for both I think. but take a photo of an AGM-65 on the outer pylon

2 Likes

Same role, different playstyle. The A-10C excels at going low and slow, using terrain to its advantage while the AV-8B excels at being in space and throwing LGBs and AGMs down at tanks while prioritizing SPAA

When comparing these two as of now, the BR placements are indeed rather silly for ground. I do not believe the AV-8B NA will remain 11.3 for GRB, maybe 11.7 as it has a flexible enough FM and good enough amount and quality ordnance together with a really good TGP. As it stands for a 11.3 CAS plane, it’s incredibly efficient really imo.

I think the A-10C can be alright at where it is now. Its slow speed and low speed handling can make for an interesting playstyle, more utilizing terrain to hide between and being able to quickly pop up and back down while firing off mavericks. A lot of the laser weapons, I think, won’t be very useful on the A-10C, apart from maybe APKWS as they might be fast enough and in large enough number to be somewhat useful, I mean you have pylons free anyway. Though I wouldn’t be completely opposed to this thing becoming 11.3 too, as that is one gap the US still has for a tech tree CAS plane with TGP, otherwise such a role would be locked behind a paywall, which would suck.

I’m talking in the sense of CAS, the way those jets are meant to be played.

A-10C already has 9Ms, but they are a tier 4 modification, so you are stuck with 9Ls for a decent chunk of the grind.

Vark does in fact have a Vulcan, you just need to sacrifice the targeting pod to use it, which you can feasibly do if you take the TV guided GBUs over the LGBs (frankly this is better considering top tier SPAA).

Neither the Vark nor the A10 are “meant” for Air RB, and I never said they were. The Harrier II isn’t ideal for Air either, but it has more viable options. My point was, as I stated previously, both the F-111F and the AV-8B+ can do the A-10C’s job but better, while being at the same or lower BR. They all have, for the most part, very similar bomb and missile options, albeit with a few exceptions.

vulcan isnt a gau 8 like on the A10, avenger is the gau 8 and its considerably bigger

9L is still very good, more than enough for the grind to the rank 4 mods.

different playstyles, A10 and vark are for multiple bases, the vark isn’t fast when fully laden either as it cant swoop its wings when carrying on all hardpoints
different playstyles, still just as valuable. the harrier is just the faster to action option

For the third time

Playing as a CAS aircraft, in Ground RB

“9L is still very good” yeah sure at 10.3 where the A-10A’s are, but at 12.0, 2x 9Ls on a platform that barely reaches 650 kph in a straight line? Yeeaaaahhh, don’t think so.

“Vark isn’t fast when fully laden” yeah still faster than the A-10 lmao

You are missing my entire point I made in the first place, the A-10C is higher in BR/ same BR as two vehicles who, IN A CLOSE AIR SUPPORT ROLE, are objectively better in every single regard

Your 9Ls are defensive on the A10 not offensive. you’re playing it wrong

lol

Well it looks like their removed the 10 JDAM loadout and only gave it 4 for the harriers. Meanwhile the SU24, gets 7 GNSS bombs (3x explosive btw), supersonic and is at 11.3. What is their reasoning for this?

Playing the harrier at 12.0 (11.3 if you count NA) is already difficult. Because of your slow speed, you can’t use mavericks or bombs at far ranges, which makes you have to play to a medium or short range. The JDAM would’ve been perfect because it fits in with the pop up and pop down play style.

A .3 br higher, you get the JF-17 which can carry 4 glided GNSS bombs, supersonic (3x high explosive)

I really don’t understand their reasoning for doing this, unless it’s temporary.