AV-8B+ for US this update please?

Just a heads up the US AV-8B+ was spotted in the Dev server files the same way the Gr7 and the Kurnass 2000 was. Hopefully it comes as a stealth addition for the update

1 Like

Definitely possible now since a USA AV-8B+ texture was just found in the files

Considering the dev server is gonna be open until the 13th and there’s another period of a couple days after the dev server closes before the patch drops, I would not be surprised at all if the AV-8B+ made its way into the USA tech tree this patch.

Absolute DREAM of an update for me I gotta be honest.

ny8eby5qot5d1

3 Likes

It’s here
Finally after nearly a year they add it to the US

mission accomplished

4 Likes

Yeah, well done, a useless uptiered aircraft that US mains couldn’t help but whine about.

why are you crying mario?

4 Likes

Woah, stereotypes, very cool. I mean it’s not that big of a “victory” and i don’t get the hype. It was amazing at 11.7, but at 12.3 is gonna get railed so hard, it’s not even a success anymore.

You think 10.7s should be facing AIM-120s?

1 Like

They wouldn’t if gaijin fixed the uptier and downtier mechanic. I would even much rather fly it without the FOX3 missiles, but at least at an acceptable br

I agree with that 12.3 for all the AMRAAM Harriers is a bit much, 12.0 would fit better but in no way should they be at 11.7

2 Likes

We grinding the attack line with this one 🔥💯

5 Likes

It was uptiered solely because of AMRAAM addition
I don’t think no one ever whined about AV-8B having too low BR

11.3 would be too low for it. With HMD and MAWS, and endless flares, it should be more like 11.7-12.0

With the abundance of Harriers in the British tree, the US stands to get the AV-8B NA in the tech tree as well, which would be placed at 11.7, as an equivalent to the GR.7, and there we have the AV-8B+ AMRAAM problem solved.

well did not expect them to actually add it lol

It is missing it’s JHMCS though and the HUD does not show tracked targets when they are tracked by the radar.

Like the Italian AV-8B it is also missing it’s additional AIM-120s as well, only being able to carry 2 for some reason.

Info for RFI for a Helmet Mounted Cueing System (HMCS) to be Mounted on an HGU-68/P Navy/Marine Corps Helmet and Integrated into AV-8B Harrier II+ Radar Aircraft (govtribe.com)

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter if it’s good or bad. It does complete the TT and that’s the most important thing. The A-10C would be bad aswell in ARB and GRB because it’s slow and with these “go and die” matches there is no place for it BUT it would complete the TT and that’s good

i havent played the current TT av8 but im more excited about this than the new f-15

Thats a lot of aircraft, so not surprised. FRS1 and FA2 should have that but both still have Harrier Gr3 HUDs. Tornado F3 is also missing that functionality.