Australian & New Zealand Aviation Sub Tree

The character limit is not possible to be increased, if anyone knows a way to either split a post or insert a reply below the original post so it appears next, let me know.

Yea, this is where the old technique of ‘reserved post’'s come into it to be real.

Double and triple post on your own thread is a good tactic, otherwise you’ll need a moderator, or everyone to delete their posts to let your subsequent posts rise to the top and edit them.

So currently, you’d only need to ask 7 people to delete thier posts before you have a post up top under your post to edit.

1 Like

Not possible then. I was actually going to reserve the first reply for this purpose but these threads have to be approved before they are live, and there were already those 7 replies by the time I logged in that day. Oh well.

You could tag all those users asking them to clear their posts out, but also ask a mod to clear out those 7 so you can have a double post.

Another one could be to mention this as a point about that suggestion thread being unable to have that done in it’s non-approval stage. Like, OPs should be able to see thier unapproved threads so they can be more engaged and remedied if the suggestion isn’t ‘right’ or ‘formed correctly’.

This would allow for the double/triple posting to make things a lot more structured and able to be staggered.

Nice tree, with some really interesting unique vehicles along with the ones we already have in-game.

From an NZ perspective, it’d be nice to see the Venom in there (as opposed to the Sea Venom used by Australia) particularly as it was the last NZ aircraft to be flown in combat operations against an enemy, during the Malayan emergency in 1959.

NZ also used the Aermacchi MB.339 as a trainer to replace the Strikemaster, which might be an interesting strike aircraft at around 7.0.

3 Likes

for what country?

oooh yes I saw that at the last Omaka airshow it was vv pretty. Overall the aircraft I’d love to see the most are the A-4 Kahu and the RNZAF F-16 in war thunder, but this is still a very solid choice.

I think you’re onto something there, I love the Aermacchi,

Also the C-130J we’ll be getting would be cool in a single mission, or even the H

2 Likes

Superb suggestions, somehow I overlooked both when making the tree. The MB-339CB could even use AIM-9Ls if Wiki is correct. I wish I could add these to the tree but the post is at the forum’s character limit :-(

If Australia/New Zealand was added as a tree in this game, I’d most certainly buy every single premium for it, every crew slot, if it was a new tree integrated with Canada equally or something, I’d probably even buy some crew XP to get the new crews going.

3 Likes

I know some poms here do not like it but Canada, NZ, Australia and Singapore should all be part of the Uk tree. India not so much but its a part now anyway.

More legit then the Jap F-16. Had we not voted in Aunty Helen in '99, we’d still be a credible fighting force with a new jet training type to offer as I don’t think the MB339s would still be in service.

Registration numbers issued and training of ground crew commenced (my old man being one of them).

You could add the Wellington Mk.1, Hudson, Ventura and Harpoon too, especially given that the Harpoon is currently paywalled behind a construction event from way back in the day. Also kiwi Sunderland Mk5s were more advanced then the Aussie equivalents soldering on until 1965.

For reserves you could use the kiwi Fairey IIIF and Gordon, Gloster Grebe, Vickers Vildebeest/Vincent. All very interesting types that would no doubt be a very popular option in a British tree over copy paste American stuff.

As for seaplanes you could put in the Walrus and Shorts Singapore.

That was in my suggestion about it. “I know it seems far fetched but it’s more realistic than the F-16AJ”. At the time Britain’s best jet was the FGR.2, and Japan’s best was the EJ Kai, why do they get a fake F-16 when New Zealand (GB) can’t get one we purchased?

Just a reminder in case you missed some of my earlier posts, I can’t actually add anything to the suggestion post as the op is at the forum character max limit.
How were NZ Sunderlands different?
I looked at the story of the NZ Harpoon, basically one arrived but was never flown and then the type was never used. So probably not a real option.

Something else I never mentioned is the possibility of having other premiums such as named aces or aerobatics teams etc. like other trees have. Caldwell’s P-40 would be interesting to see since he was the top scoring P-40 pilot of the entire war.

Hardware and avionics updates for post-war service. Basically a Neptune in Sunderland clothing.

1 Like

What nation would it be a sub tree of, hopefully Usa gets Australia and the UK gets New Zealand. Due to the fact that most latter Aussie aircraft are US designes.

You can vote and read discussion on that topic here:
https://forum.warthunder.com/t/how-would-you-implement-australia-in-war-thunder-with-poll/144692
USA will never get or need a sub tree in War Thunder. Someone screenshot this post in 2 years when they do get a sub tree and tell me how well it aged. lol

1 Like

Would love to see this in game, tbh it seems very long overdue. As an Aussie who is currently working through GB jets at 8.3-9.3 br getting clubbed by sabres, I want a go with the CAC sabre. Also the Mirage iii would be one I’d look forward to.

TBF germany also didn’t need a sub tree. I think The AU would go great because it is already just more modified US vehicles

24 UK vs 26 USA, in my suggestion, that’s excluding premiums and Australian and French originals. Include premiums and the ratio is about the same. Overall there are less USA vehicles here than other nations.

1 Like

+1. I think this would be perfect, otherwise it wouldn’t really be fair if other countries received the F-35 Lighting II and the Uk didn’t