Armor problem for top tier

The challenger 2 is has been done too dirty by gaijin, its heavier than all other MBTs for a reason yet only the ariete has worse armour, when your favourite tank gets a slight good thing after years of trash you rejoice. Im just glad I’m a centurion enjoyed.

CR2 used gen 1 thermals until like 2009 and the whole fleet took about half a decade to be upgraded, honestly, I think it would be fair for the first CR2 the 2E and the 2F to be downgraded to a more accurate thermal. Challenger 2 Megatron (TES and OES) certainly have gen 2 because its the combat demonstrator, if the current Megatron gets added lets be real its still on gen 2s even though people will cope and say its got gen 3

2019*
There was no chally 2 in service with 2nd gen thermals until 2019 which would mean the only challengers in game that should have thermals of higher quality than gen 1 is the black night, 2E and LEP

They never received 2nd gen they just had basic TOGS II from the 90s

1 Like

Gaijin doesnt give a shit because there isnt a monetary incentive to fix the Challengers 2.

Gaijin devs dont have an ounce of cumulative brain cells to formulate logical thought and as a consequence, Challengers 2 and many other tanks suffer for it.

Challenger 2 at 10.7 sounds like it would be quite a decent buff actually. Not sure anyone else will be happy about it but with the mobility issues, the lack of armour, dodgy shells. Challenger 2 is barely 11.0 worthy. If you nerf it anymore. It will be less than 11.0 worthy.

Challenger 2 is Gen 2 though. We have the sources for that. They used SPRITE, its Gen 2 with how gaijin model thermals. (Fun fact, TIALD uses the same sensor and should also be gen 2)

SPRITE isn’t gen 2 its a type of detector in the thermal sight it has nothing to do with the generation of the thermals, TOGS-II is still just a minor upgrade over TOGS the only real change was the new cooling system added which only reduced the background noise you’d get on the image its still a 1st gen thermal sight not having 2nd gen thermals was a choice because of needing part commonality with CR1 and the cold war ending.

Then go ahead. try and Bug report it. SPRITE Sensor is modeled as Gen 2 in game, but if you want Challenger 2s at 10.7 be my guest.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be 10.7 it’d move down to 11.0

Also its very clearly not a 2nd gen sight SB is still the most accurate when it comes to portrayal of thermals

It already should be 11.0, with how badly nerfed Gaijin have made it.

Again? We already had that talk in a different topic

1 Like

SPRITE is a first generation thermal. However the image quality of SPRITE is widely reported to be significantly better than any other Gen 1 thermals, and even superior to early gen 2 thermals.

The TIALD pod had its SPRITE detector replaced with a gen 2 FPA sensor and the manual actually includes a note warning the crew that in some situations the new imager provides worse image quality to the old one.

For the time being at least the Devs have chosen to model SPRITE as gen 2 due to it’s superior image quality compared to other gen 1s.

2 Likes

SB is still a game which makes assumptions about things like protection, penetration and guess what also sights.
That’s exactly the reason why SB is not a source for anything.

1 Like

It is by in game standards so go yap somewhere else

Not possible its literally a gen one

Currently it is, you know what i think i will go to the national archive archive sometime and get the thermals nerfed

you do that.
oh, did I mention? they charge for you to go in and look at documents. would be a real shame for all that money to go to waste proving yourself wrong, or better still, proving nothing at all

1 Like

Yeah and their resolution IRL would make the gen 2 in game because that is their resolution

They are gen 2 end off

There are already reports to make the Challenger 1s thermals gen 2 due to document people have stating SPRITEs resolution

1 Like

Also TIALD and Vic mk.7

Their resolution is the same as all the other gen 1 i really dont understand this circlejerk when it comes to the chally, its a bad tank that should’ve never saw service of course its going to be extremely outdated

its not the same resolution

it entered service in the 80s the thermals weren’t outdated then

625 lines. This translates to 576 lines of vertical picture each frame and translates to a 720x576 pixel resolution.
and that would be

2 Likes