Argentine Air Forces Tech Tree

Absolutely not. Nobody wants another “Canada” here.

Also, the argument is ridiculous. And the Gaijins have already confirmed many times that the Argentine vehicles will be added to the German TT. The only alternative is for Gaijin to find a way for Argentina to have its own TT (or TT combined with other Latin American countries).

3 Likes

It would be like a swordfish but with worst bombs , in My opinión it could go to 1.0

you could also add the IA-37 some sources claim that one prototype was powered by a single Rolls-Royce Derwent V , of course it would be a little controversial since you would also have to add the planned armament so it would be like the ho 229 (how fitting they are design by the same person) in game

3 Likes

The IA-37 can come in 2 configurations, Ala Delta (Prone down cockpit) and the Etapa 4 (More Traditional cockpit)

2 Likes

the problem with that is that it would be a fake vehicle, since the sources that claim that there was a prototype with a jet engine mention that it was with the more conventional cockpit, the idea of the prone cockpit i think it was because it was belived that it would be better for the pilot at high G´s , of course the G suit later bacame available so no need for weird positions on the cockpit (test pilots actually said that it was quite comfortable)

1 Like

As far as i remember, it only flew in a glider configuration, i could be wrong tho, but i never came across something solid that confirmed that it flew with one engine.

I wont lie, i would love to put it in the tree, but i feel like this is gonna be a bit of a compromise…

2 Likes

i understand , only some obscure sources claim that there was 1 prototype fitted with a Derwent v

i dont know were that came from, ill take a look into it (again) to see if i can find anything. Still isnt that a case very similar to the 229?

It would be very controversial since it would be a mix of prototypes and planned things (since the one versión that would have guns was the last planned stage with the 2 engines that never happend)

Hey, Yak 141 sends you greetings.

Probably of all the aircraft, the IA-37 interceptor is the one I want the most.

If somehow he finds proof that a jet power prototype existed and if somehow also gets added to the Game with the planned armament for the standard versión, You are still not gonna get the real IA-37 that Reimar Horten had planned since we would get a plane with a single meteor engine instead of the 2 jet engines ( i can’t remember what Rolls Royce jet engine they wanted to use) that theorically would Made the plane supersónic

And if he ever wants to add paper planes he could add: IA-44, IA-48 and IA-60

It’s not a paper airplane. Planned engines can be added.

The IA-37 was functional, it had many hours of flight testing.
YAK 141 was not really completed either, in fact the game model is too far from the real prototype, however Gaijin finished it as planned.

@el_Argentino @Peterkin2

After a quick look, its a complex matter…
Most of the pictures we see belong to the same glider/test-unit/prototype this one was made of wood and lacked engines, although its configuration was to be exactly the same as the real plane. When it comes to the real prototype, i think the claim comes from the book “Alas de Peron” by Ricardo Burzaco, it claims that the program was terminated with the prototype in a “advanced state of construction”.

If you ask me, i really dont know, i guess we can make the compromise since its a quite unique design?

with what version?

there is guy also on the forums proposing a so called “Rio de la Plata” tech trees that is a combination of argentine vehicles, brazilian vehicles , Uruguayan vehicles and some bolivian ones that in his air tree he included something that he calls the “IA-37 5th stage” at 8.0 so i imagine he added the one with only 1 engine

^idk what version it is (i guess 1995?)

Menem lo hizo, i imagine you mean 1965

@OsO73

IA-37 (scale wooden prototype) 1954

Spoiler

During 1955, a metal prototype was being prepared at the IAME, which would be equipped with 1 x 1832kg Rolls-Royce Derwent 5 turbojet. Received the definitive designation of IA-37 “Delta Wing”

The installation of a Martin Baker D/Sk/2511 ejection seat had been planned, and two 20 mm Hispano Switzerland 804 cannons on the cockpit floor. It would be powered - as planned - with two Rolls Royce Avon turbines.

Source: Diego Horten, edition number 615 of AEROESPACIO Magazine.

Spoiler

2 Likes

Apparently the final version IA-37 is the metal one with a Derwent turbine that is seen in many photos, used as a “laboratory” by Horten.
The supersonic version with two reactors would be the IA-48 project, which was expected to fly in 1961.