Are you Serious? With this Last Air RB update? WOW

russia’s existence in game already make it broken, at least this change affected all nations

You’re acting like you’re missing out on this, when you could easily also play a bomber. honestly maybe you should so you can see that it still isn’t that easy

I mean they definitely get the most amount of op props but I don’t want to get r*ped by g8n1s constantly, no to mention cannons are literally worse than 50cals in the current anti bomber meta

It already was, just not in a bomber chads favour.

now they at least get to bomb stuff in ARB, they dont actually do anything to decide the match unless fighters just be total morons and sit behind them to be a nice target but they are at least an option now.

for GRB they are still meh, like they only get a couple passes and thats it.

1 Like

that reminds me. im off to play the canberra

1 Like

they always could bomb stuff and drive fighters away, sounds like the issue was just flying in a straight line towards the oblivious base, what they couldn’t do was just yolo though a horde if fighters and still bomb and probably rtb.

Enjoy your Stanley Baldwin roleplay while it lasts though

Not really. Prior to this bombers were easily killed if the target had any skill at all. Even a good bomber pilot hitting his shots in defensive and trying his best to get the best defense will still die in the previous system if the fighter guy just isnt bad

Also going wide around bases often just meant 1 guy went wide to kill you as well when he saw your big black dot in the sky. It was very rare I was left alone spading the bombers I have.

They still overtuned now tho

that’s true, a couple of the best bombers could make it work but stuff like the French Lancaster are just free rp with it’s 2 12.7s at 5.0

what I find funniest is people defending bombers with comments and ideas like “they’re just angry because bombers aren’t a free kill anymore”

Laughing GIFs - Download & Share | GIFDB.com

my dude, if bombers were like that, at least two thirds of the original wartime fleets would still be in museums

1 Like

ignore 7.7s taking down bombers early war (a feat literally impossible rn)

with the current bomber damage model the yb40 b17 would be insane I honestly could see it as an event

U clearly havent playerd 10 years ago… :D

I got the financial info off the internet, the search query is, how much money does warthunder make now compared to 5 years ago

Necromonica, you always seem to be the voice of reason and I appreciate your reply. I will be looking at bombers on the internet to see exactly where their fuel tanks are. I do get 165 fps and I am a good shot if not too impatient when flying. As OP as these bombers are, and Ive been playing for a long while, I have at least two countries playeed and their crews maxed out, but never thought I would fly a bomber, I like to manuever. I found this game years ago looking for a chess game really,…but it appears, with the bombers, there is indeed another chess player on the board. thank you for your time replying to this post.

No doubt, because one of Americas most iconic airplanes, the P51 Mustang, became legendary because it was the plane that protected, finally, bombers flying into German held territory. That is to the layman, the reason it is iconic

Flying a bomber for the people in the plane, was never FUN

Those aren’t always opposites :)

You have bombers like the Swedish B18B and T18B or the USA SB2C variants that are surprisingly nimble (not sure if they have gotten the new bomber damage models though).

In general though i have found that larger caliber guns still do things if you hit the right spots (engines, tail from above or sides). smaller calibers have to rely more on either hitting the cockpit or setting fire to the bomber and then giving it space so they their gunners can’t shoot you and wait for the fire to take them out or if the fire goes out you can re-engage and set fire to it again.

Will see today, but yesterday or day before I believe I had to land 2 times in a me109 F4 or G2 trop to replenish my ammo, after hitting cockpit, wing spars, and engines. finally he just Jumped out, not that his plane was destroyed.
enjoy you weekend

Smell it when I leave. and dont hold your nose.

You meant fighting bomber? Yeah, they are not easy SL/RP grab anymore
Its called challenge, where’s the fun if it was too ez?

Atm only tu2s and b/t18 that are semi bomber/heavy fighters that got the buff from the TT… u can always buy the tis ma for i think 200 bucks now aswell…
Sb2c, btd and also b7a2 didnt got the buff. (For our luck, especially b7a2 is already op and really dont need any kind of buff)

And that good… tu2s and t18 are already op aa hell atm, they where good before, now they are just broken.

Gaijin gave the buff to the T18B-2( 57mm one, but T18B 57 is inaccurate) and B18B, but the T18B-1 and B18A didn’t get it. Lord knows what was going through gaijins head