APKWS proximity fuze variant

🤣🤣🤣 yeah. Everyone knows that there are FSB agents just sitting there baiting people in sensitive positions to post deets.

It’s like how certain vehicles underperform or over perform. Someone is willing to share that info to prove otherwise. Just sayin’

1 Like

The reason why they don’t use barometric altitude sensors is that it would either need a pitot tube or Aerospike, and that due to their inherent limits of mechanical tolerances they are less accurate, and on top of that, the large terminal velocity variations of rockets means that it would exacerbate the problem.

Not that Timed / Distance fuses, don’t have their uses(e.g. Illumination / Smoke / Flechette).

Its two scenarios explaining why and where an Airburst and Proximity fuse may fail.

As far as I can tell, yes

Read the following post on reddit, its not likely that the F-89 actually ever had the M429, but had FCS set variable timed fuses installed.
https://old.reddit.com/r/Warthunder/comments/dnivq8/why_the_f89d_should_not_have_vt_fuzes/

Its just that the Dev’s hadn’t actually implemented variable timed / distance fuses at that point, and if functioning correctly there is little distance since the FCS provides the balisitic computations that were needed to set them properly.

Canopy penetration was the job of the M433 fuse.

3 Likes

I was thinking more time / elevation. When I think of basic airburst shells my first thought goes to WW2 aerial defenses.

I see, thanks

The fix is currently sitting in the void, as while its been acknowledged, its been forwarded as a suggestion, aka the devs are “thinking” about it .