APKWS proximity fuze variant

You are here on this thread asking.

I’m not asking anything but for you to back your wishes.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/VIgvkRT5jO2e

You are asking on this thread.

wunderbar

Do you know what a rhetorical question is?

Hint: This is one

Here again, asking on this thread.

What?

Another what

useless conversation. no proximity fuze was acknowledged as a bug already.

When is the fix?

no one knows.

Here we are.

AGR-20

There are also a few other newer designs like the APAM (HEAT-F) warhead

The choice of fuse, is constrained by the selection of the warhead, since the guidance section is spliced between the Motor and Warhead. The only additional limitation imposed by the AGR-20A is that it requires the use of the longer pods (only 7 round designs exists at this point) to account for the longer overall length of the missile assembly due to the new section.

Also what is known about M429 can be found.
https://www.bulletpicker.com/pdf/TM-43-0001-30.pdf#page=120

5 Likes

It isn’t a bug to begin with, there are those with and without the proximity fuse.

We currently have 2 variants of rockets with 2 point contact fuses.
The proximity fuse has been disregarded until more information can be brought forward about it.
So far it’s barely known how many rockets there are with the proxy fuse, or what its exact capabilities are.

Imagery of it as well as data such as its weight and materials are already out, though, as well as those for next-gen fuses.

missing proximity fuze option was acknowledged as a bug. something to be fixed. pointless to argue further

Bet that they gonna add another version of PUMA, slaps the Spike on it and add Proxi rounds like they did for the Swedish IFV series.

1 Like

As I’ve said, they are not missing. Even then, acknowledgement means nothing more than “we’ve seen and noted this”.
There are multiple different fuses available for the M151 warhead. As far as I know, there are 5. We have 1.
It isn’t a bug, it belongs in a space for suggestions.

You are expected to have the availabe weapons for use, but you are not which is why it is acknowledged as a problem instead of a suggestion. When they acknowledge something as suggestion, it is implicitly stated
Everyone is already aware that there are multiple different fuzes.
It is a problem that one does not have access to the correct rockets, it is acknowledged as such.