Answering your concerns regarding spall liners, MBTs and Aircraft

They are openly telling you what the aircraft comes with, it’s not scam. It would be scam if they told you the prem 'nado comes with guided weapons when it has none.

If you feel it’s not worth the price, that’s your judgement, and you can opt to just not buy it. It still isn’t a scam.

3 Likes

Bump, but I guess I should create a separate thread instead. I’ll link it here once I create a proper thread.

1 Like

Been playing this game since beta on and off. I absolutely love the game but this is simply unacceptable for the Abrams to be in its current state. Not only is there no reason to grind the new abrams but it is a downgrade from the previous one due to weight and no better features. This is the final straw for me I will not be buying anything else in this game and only playing air until my prem account runs out, if and until the abrams is fixed. The amount of evidence presented without leaking documents is insane. at this point the devs dont change it out of either bias or spite for their community.

25 Likes

The ignorance of the Abrams’s improved LFP armor is frankly outrageous to me, and I don’t even have the Abrams in-game yet!

As others here have said, to claim that the Abrams’s hull armor has remained the same for all of its years of service across all variants is absurd. And to claim that you can simply reject all reports that the LFP should be stronger because they don’t have perfectly accurate numerical values makes no sense. It’s not our fault there are no declassified documents concerning the protection of an MBT currently in service!

In the case of the absence of declassified documents, reputable estimates will have to be considered sufficient in their stead, to prevent things like this atrocity happening…

38 Likes

No, what the M829A3 is literally build off a anti- ERA tip, that is literally a massive improvement over the M829A2. This will enhance is penetration against, relikt, and kontak 5… The whole point of the M829A3 was the anti ERA tip…

Gaijin the game is compressed as hell, the only saving grace is for Air Realistic battles is to decompress the battle ratings… to 12.7 and 13.0

26 Likes

Proper separate thread created, please help to spread the message to everyone else.

2 Likes

No guided bombs for Tornado.
No better hull armor for Abrams.
No armor buffs for Leopard. If you do not want give it real armor you should introduce some other version.
No spall liners for Merkavas.
No 12.7 BR for aircrafts where we should get 13.0 or more decompression.
No decompression for ground.

Amazing. Good job.

22 Likes

Thats why they won’t add it as it will defeat the only good ERA in the game

12 Likes

We’re closely monitoring the data and believe that at the moment, there’s no need for an increase to the current Battle Rating threshold for aviation from 12.3 to 12.7.

yikes m8, you guys not only need to increase it from 12.3 to 12.7, you need to increase it to like 14.3 or 14.7 and spread out the jets some. the compression is absolutely BRUTAL. the capabilities of planes are so extremely different 1 br apart once you get into jets its crazy to leave it like it is.

as for all the tank issues, yall seem to have really cherry picked a couple sources you would instantly reject from the community and have chosen to die on that hill, its a shame.

14 Likes

Will we get to see the sources the devs used that lead them to “believe” the Abrams hull armor was never improved?

Right now it looks like the devs are being disingenuous. They’re choosing to “believe” something against the mountain of evidence provided.

What’s the point of even submitting bug reports if the devs can just pick and choose what to “believe?”

25 Likes

@Smin1080p Near future being a major patch or sometime during 2.33?
And does this refer to the hull roof ricochet problem as well?

6 Likes

hurray the Leclerc remain useless and get every singe report denied by single unreliable sources

16 Likes

They balance everything according to their preferences, making the information submitted by players a complete joke

13 Likes

I am very glad about the addition of the spall liner to the Ariete family, this is indeed great news.

Although I would still like to ask, what plans do you have in regards to the overall armour of the Ariete? A very good and detailed report has been recently passed to the developers (link: Community Bug Reporting System), and I would sincerely hope that some additional steps to increase protection to this vehicle family are being implemented.

Thank you.

5 Likes

@Stona_WT
@Smin1080p

Show us your information, your source. If it’s a purchasable book, I will purchase it. If it’s a free source, no reason to hide it. If it’s secret document, you are violating laws. So what’s stopping you from providing your sources?

In a previous blogpost, you said spall liners are made of aramid and other fabrics. But it’s not always that. They can also be indistinguishable from plain steel, and incorporated into the armor itself which is painted over. The Merkava’s interior appears solid and is painted white.

Throughout the Merkava’s history, it has demonstrated very low casualty rates.

Merkava 2 tanks taking multiple ATGMs and ATRs. One hit 7 times, another hit 3 times. Munitions descriped as Sagger, TOW, and RPG-29. In total, 2 light injuries. (Page 31)

Merkava 1 reducing penetrations from 61% down to 40% compared to the Magach and Centurions, but mean casualties per damaged tank is down from 2.31 to 1.1.
(Page45)

While I could not find anything immediately on the Merkava, I could find something on the Namer which is built with the same armor in a different geometry.
You can see here on its roof what appears to be not the structural steel but an added layer.

45 Likes

still no updates on LOSAT :( i give up on asking.

8 Likes

So, you’re saying there was zero improvements to the armor in the what, 40 years it’s been in service? Like none at all? So you’re just going to…make up some improvement for the A1 and on variants? What? What sort of ass-backwards logic is that?

33 Likes

Just like in Desert Rose Band song… One step forward and two step back, nobody gets too far like that, one step forward and two steps back, this kind of dance can never last.

2 Likes

I am watching intently.

We do have multiple open reliable sources for the Leclerc’s 5 second reload time, discounting it with one singular person’s word is not enough to justify continued inadequate performance. Buff the reload rate to 5.0 seconds.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/R0xYIxujmb8M

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/iCb7OYT5FbRz

12 Likes

So just to clarify, we recognize that Abrams need’s a 5s aced reload to compete with it’s lackluster surviveability.

Yet Merkava Mk4’s, which have even less surviveability, and won’t be getting spall liners, are stuck at 6.7’s aced ?

We are constantly told reload’s are adjusted for balance reasons. Where is the balance here ?

13 Likes