Amx 30 dca in 8.7 is a shame

why this thing will go to 8.3 when it’s worse or at least not better than guepard , and others 8.3 anti air ??
this post won’t change anything aniway ,cause Gaijin will just ignore us like for the char 25t or literally half of the french tech tree that have a way higher br than their equivalents in others nation !

1 Like

Yet another frog main which doesn’t understand (or more likely - is obfuscating things on purpose) that the AMX-30 DCA is a downright tank destroyer, with a belt that literally melts every single tank that it could possibly meet.

It’s superior to the 8.3 Falcon as it has a faster, far more formidable chassis, with more ammo and a radar - and it only trades it for a stabilizer. And the Falcon is an incredibly good vehicle.

The AMX-30 DCA is one of the best vehicles in the game, and I wish I had 4 of them. It annihilates tanks, is far better than the Falcon, and I would argue it is better than the Gepard. It is small, fast, and deadly. It is also immune to HMGs frontally, which the gepard is not (the falcon can be killed by 7.62mm MGs frontally.)

I would be more upset with the normal AMX-30 MBTs which are unstabilized piles of unarmored dog shit, that wobble like crazy, sitting at the same BR as things like the T-55 and the Chieftain, which are infinitely better.

I took the AMX-30 out of my lineup because it was so bad, and I instead replaced it with the Lorraine 40t, which is far better.

2 Likes

and it is literally better in everything than shilka, yenisey, m163 although even gepard and other 35mm ones could go to 8.7 without any problem

While I understand that the vehicle excels in the tank killing role compared to other SPAA, moving it to 8.7 significantly reduces the tech trees ability to perform in a ground to air role anywhere 8.3 or below. I find this choice to be incredibly frustrating personally because the last 2 to 3 rounds of changes have drastically altered the lineups and playstyle of 7.0 - 8.7. We desperately need valid options right now because for example, Russia has a 7.7 and an 8.0(or 8.3 i cant remember) SPAA with radar capabilities and my 7.7 option with France is literally a truck below 6.0. The French tree is starting to feel scattered. Hopefully they have some new vehicles lined up.

1 Like

Only the russia is allowed to have a radar spaa below 8.0 with added bonus of anti-tank capability. Then there is the m163 with like 43mm pen and recently fixed tracking radar but the like you don’t see any people shooting stuff in it. Plus ITA and FR players are very OP so that’s why all their stuff is overtiered.