American T34 heavy tank

The T34 Heavy tank is not as powerful as it should be.

Warthunder:

Hull 102 mm
Turret 203 mm

Real life:

hull front 102–203 mm (4.0–8.0 in) maximum
gun shield 279 mm (11.0 in) maximum
turret front 303 mm (11.9 in)

Please change it!!!

1 Like

Submit a historical report with official documentation detailing this.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/wtm?from-ts=1690862400&to-ts=1709269199

Also, the T34 is already more than powerful enough and this buff would probably kill the American 6.7 lineup because it would bump the T34 to 7.0. I don’t want to have to carry the 6.7 lineup with the M6A2E1.

3 Likes

I just want the armor layout changed.

Then make the T30 a 6.7.

Why ? Who has that tank ?

1 Like

The T30 is 6.7. It’s an event vehicle though. I think you’re talking about the T29 which is 7.0 precisely because it’s too good to be 6.7. Also, premium pack vehicles should not be relied on to carry a lineup. You should not need to own a $40 USD premium to carry a lineup.

3 Likes

And no i’m talking about the T30

So your solution to uptiering America’s best heavy tank and killing its lineup is to downtier a heavy tank nearly no one has that costs over $100 on the market?

1 Like

Yes

thats not how that works???

2 Likes

That’s not how War Thunder works.

lol sorry, reading this made me laugh. heh

1 Like

I’ve seen you mention this before and I think I should add to everyone that comes across this thread that these values come directly from Wikipedia.

Wikipedia says that the value come from “Firepower: A History of the American Heavy Tank”, by Richard Pearce Hunnicutt, but the values stated in Wikipedia don’t exactly match those in the book. For example, Wikipedia says 102-203 mm thickness on the hull front, but the book says 70-102 mm.

1 Like

The gun shield and do you mind telling that source?

As stated in the original reply, it is “Firepower: A History of the American Heavy Tank”.

2 Likes