Alpha Jet ICE and other variants?

it’s a sorta Ho-229 thing

It’s needed but it’s obvious that german air is so far behind on the priority list that I don’t see it coming either

7 Likes

Yeah, Alpha Jet itself was 5 years late

2 Likes

yea

I don’t expect it to happen either, but I still think it should.

at least getting the alpha jet late means it isn’t power creeped like many other planes around this br.

Patch is live, Alpha Jet A engines got updated to Larzac 04-C6. No change in thrust though, which isn’t unexpected. Sadly the CRV7 rockets didn’t get added.

1 Like

Similar how they changed the engine of the german F-104G to the MTU J79 J1K but didnt change its thrust?

I thought they did change the thrust though?

Nope, just the name. The thrust is still the same as the J79 GE-11 or whatever engine it had before

Well, yeah, just like that then

There is a document claiming the reason there was no a2a missile for alpha jet is that it burned up the tail.

Alpha jet rwr missing
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/PNtIX4QQAnUQ

4 Likes

Great find! I was going to watch this documentary but I never got around to it.

1 Like

This is the international forum you need to use English.

It doesn’t matter if you don’t care, that’s the rules of the forum.

Not operationally, but it was tested.

3 Likes
Spoiler

The submunition antitank, or SMAT, missile is an experimental BGT project to develop a submunition guided by an infrared seeker head. The weapon would be deployed by a standoff missile, after which the infrared sensor would search the ground for a tank; lock onto it; and steer the explosive warhead to an impact on the target. The company has tested SMAT by using an Alpha jet as a launch platform.

Tanks become the hunted again with another BGT demonstration program, the submunition antitank (SMAT). This weapon is designed to be dispensed from a standoff missile. The SMAT projectile contains no propellant, as it depends on gravity and the force of its ejection from the standoff missile for its velocity.
After deployment, the unit’s infrared seeker head autonomously searches the ground below for a tank. After identifying a tank, the sensor locks on the vehicle, and the submissile’s aerodynamic steering guides the glide weapon to its target. The search and lock-on occur after release.

The imaging seeker head is coupled with advanced circuitry and algorithms for identification and targeting. The system can discriminate between tanks and non-armored vehicles such as cars and trucks, for example.

A full version of SMAT has been tested by suspending the submunition beneath the wing of an Alpha jet, Pütz says. The aircraft released the unit to simulate deployment from a standoff missile dispenser, and the SMAT’s guidance system steered it to a direct hit on a tank.

A related program authorized by Germany’s Ministry of Defense aims to develop a submunition dedicated to destroying aircraft in their shelters. Known as SMASH, the submissile would dive onto a shelter from above and pierce its wall using a special penetrant. Once inside, the unit would destroy its target aircraft by means of a small warhead.

BGT is working with the German firm Diehl in the SMASH effort. A technology demonstrator effort known as MSS aims at developing a new dual-mode seeker head for standoff missiles, possibly of the kind carrying SMAT or SMASH submunitions.

The seeker head for this missile would employ the same antenna and aperture for infrared as well as for radar. A mirror would reflect both infrared light and millimeter waves. Waveguides take care of the millimeter waves, while infrared light is reflected down the axis of the system to a detector.

3 Likes

Not exactly a variant of the Alpha Jet but there’s the AT-63 Pampa III. An upgraded strike model of the IA-63 Pampa (an Argentine trainer/light strike aircraft loosely based on the Alpha Jet developed by FAA and Dornier), it introduces a RWR, built-in countermeasure dispensers, laser designator, and AAM carriage. Unfortunately I can’t find information on what AAM it carries, but presumably it’s AIM-9Ls which are the most common (though not most modern) AAMs in Argentine service.
Anyways could be a potential alternative to the ICE/KWS .

2 Likes

damn snail that denied more argentine vehicles in gsrmany

Is bs

the way I understood it Smin got fed up with us asking for everything

he denied the entirety of Argentina but said that the vehicles that were added were because they had ties to Germany

now that alpha has ties to france so there is where it’ll probably go if it’ll be added at all

1 Like