Alpha Jet A (Germany) thread

Unlikely, but then the question would be
Which 2 MG’s? 12,7mm? 7.62? Or what ever…
But the also, Germany used only the BK 27mm Mauser, and france the 30mm DEFA

the table sais MG 12,7mm

and yes I know the germans only used the 27mm

I loomed at this table because the french AlphaJet E has the 27mm on the dev server which imo is wrong

In general, if a gaijin adds an earlier version of an aircraft, then this modification must at least have AIM 9G Sidewinder and twin pylons for bombs and missiles, and have a combat rating of 8.3. All other improvements, as I know, were in a later version

@Sahilku010101 the other two issues got acknowledged

5 Likes

Nice! post updated.

NOOO, On the Dual racks: (only)"forwarded as suggestion:

2 Likes

Personally I would almost prefer it if they left the current Alpha Jet alone pretty much. Fix the missing dual rack rocket pods, maybe add flares, maybe drop the BR to 8.7. Should be good then. And then you can always add one of the export versions, or just a later/experimental model after it, give that AIM-9Ls and make it 10.0 or something like that. Germany could use a dedicated attacker around that 8.7/9.0 BR and I fear giving the current Alpha Jet missiles would push it to an uncomfortably high BR.

5 Likes

I think the chances are good it gets implemented

I don’t think the improved engine and countermeasures is enough to push it past 9.0 (see: A-4E Early)

Frankly I don’t think we will ever see an Alpha Jet with AIM-9Ls

3 Likes

But I wouldn’t mind an early variant of the Alpha Jet, maybe at 8.7

I Just hope it will end at around 8.0-8.3 because this would be a realy nice lineup, maybe someday even with the PzH 2000 compared with the VIDAR

1 Like

The German one was only ever modified to carry 9L.

More or less… it was tested, but thals also all about it

I don’t think it will go down, having the thunderstreaks at 8.3.

It is necessary in 8.7/9.0 but still needs improvement. A few more pounds of thrust, 2 extra rocket pods and countermeasures would make it a competent 9.0.

On the other hand, it still remains to be seen what the new BR system will be like for airplanes in ARB and GRB…

1 Like

It’s a shame this was never a thing… A German take on a Su-25

5 Likes

Not realy… has it GBUs like the A-4E which it what? 8.7?
Or gunpods, or Sidewinder…

1 Like

AJ-C yeah

Wtf

1 Like

I already warned this before. That’s why I say it should still improve to stay at 9.0. Basically, what I’m saying is that we need an attack aircraft between 8.3 and 9.7. That’s a huge gap (that some still deny exists)

AJ feels great flying. I couldn’t evaluate it in a combat situation, but it has interesting rear armor and has two pilots.

Looks at the Gina at 8.7, looks down the line to the Tornado at 11.3, nah, thats not a gap xDD thats a fricking black hole
But in the end we can only watch what Gaijin will do with it

4 Likes