Airplanes of China (JL-9 and FC-1)

I want to propose the addition of two new aircraft to the Chinese tech tree: the JL-9 and the FC-1. These aircraft can significantly diversify the game and enhance the experience of playing for China.

JL-9 (FTC-2000 Mountain Eagle)

Technical Specifications:

Wingspan: 8.32 m
Length: 14.55 m
Height: 4.11 m
Maximum speed: 1.1 Mach (approximately 1350 km/h)
Maximum takeoff weight: 9500 kg
Engine: Guizhou Liyang WP-13F(C)
Armament:
1 × 23 mm Type 23-3 cannon (or similar)
Up to 2000 kg of combat load on external hardpoints (air-to-air missiles, air-to-ground missiles, bombs)

Why should the JL-9 appear in the game? The JL-9 (also known as FTC-2000 Mountain Eagle) is a modern trainer and light combat aircraft actively used by the Chinese Air Force. Its versatility and capability to perform both training and combat missions make it an excellent candidate for War Thunder. It can be a great choice for players looking to experience flying modern Chinese aircraft.

FC-1 Xiaolong (JF-17 Thunder)

Technical Specifications:

Wingspan: 9.45 m
Length: 14.93 m
Height: 4.77 m
Maximum speed: 1.6 Mach (approximately 1960 km/h)
Maximum takeoff weight: 12,474 kg
Engine: Klimov RD-93 (thrust up to 5040 kgf)
Armament:
1 × 23 mm cannon (e.g., GSh-23)
Up to 3700 kg of combat load on external hardpoints (air-to-air missiles, air-to-ground missiles, bombs, radar-guided missiles)

Why should the FC-1 appear in the game? The FC-1 Xiaolong, also known as the JF-17 Thunder, is a multi-role light fighter developed in collaboration between China and Pakistan. Its high maneuverability, modern avionics, and powerful armament make it a formidable opponent on the battlefield. Introducing the FC-1 into the game will give the Chinese tech tree even more flexibility and combat power, especially in high-speed aerial combat.

Conclusion

Introducing the JL-9 and FC-1 to War Thunder will not only enrich the Chinese tech tree but also provide players with the opportunity to experience modern Chinese aviation systems in combat conditions. These aircraft reflect the latest achievements of the Chinese aviation industry and will add depth and variety to the game.

Let’s support the addition of these wonderful aircraft to the game! Your comments and suggestions will be very helpful for the development and implementation of these machines in War Thunder.

Best regards, Afeen

2 Likes

make suggestions for both of these and devs might consider it 8)

FTC-2000 great IR short-range Air-to-Air Missile and very good maneuvrability at low ~ medium speed but Air-to-Ground ordinance limited unguided rocket & unguided bomb

In my opinion, FC-1 good unique chinese lightweight Multirole Fighter Aircraft. and would be 13.3 BR

Both of these planes have already been suggested. We just have to wait. Would love to see the jf-17 though.

1 Like

I would say FTC2000 is like F5, but it has IRCCM missiles so IDK, probably give it 11.0 just for the full aspect. I mean it is the ultimate Mig21.