Air RB is Shovelware

They made a huge map once and everyone ranted about how long it took to get to the fighting. Why they don’t make one endless battle you just jump into is beyond me. They turned off Enduring Confrontation exvept for naval, which can be a lot of fun.

1 Like

In the context of props, no one wants to climb for 10 minutes, fly for another 10 just to find an enemy then fly for 5 for god knows what reason then get like what? 10k SL? Then have that repeat if you’re unlucky with the matchmaker.

For those who don’t want, Arcade exists.

2 Likes

A disheveled BR gamemode where a Ki-84 can face Mig-21’s, yeah sure.

1 Like

I like to fly attack aircraft and theyre basically completely useless and a waste of time to fly… Youre slower than everything else, seal clubbers intentionally seek you out before you can accomplish anything. Every ground attack objective is right in the middle of the big air battle so you can maybe hit a few targets before someone decides you’re dead. What is even the point of playing the mode at all?

3 Likes

and clubbing everythings on your Bf 109 F-4 lmao

1 Like

LOL

This guy knows nothing about the CDK for missions alone. Thousands of hours… LOL

5 Likes

OTOH
They do listen. But they have 2000 players yelling at them to constantly change things, often in contradictory and always self-serving ways. And they have to balance what users want, what they would like, with what resources they have, and the “big picture” of what makes the game most profitable.

We now resume your regularly scheduled bitch-fest

1 Like

You have a roadmap, all you have to do is follow the roadmap, and they’re not doing it…
Pretending you can’t make a decision on things because people want different things is a weak excuse because this is almost never a 50/50 scenario, not doing something because 5% of people are contradicting 95% of people doesn’t make sense.

1 Like

1 Like

They literally followed the roadmap only one item wasn’t done and was simply pushed back.

1 Like

lol At least you admit you know nothing.
Name a single person that has made new AI for War Thunder.
New air RB requires new AI.

1 Like

I cannot see more players.

I do see more and more players saying ARB should be reworked, and adjusted according to the ranks.

I see also more and more players complaining about too much CAS in GRB.

If gaijin reworks ARB to make it more immersive, we will see less CAS players in GRB, and that would solve 2 complaints in one.

Remove markers is a good way to improve immersion as you said. It should be done asap.

I think sadly they stay in their confort zone and they dont show any more ambition for the game.

3 Likes

Does it though?

Multiple spawn-able airfields for both teams, spreading the targets/objectives out throughout the map, reducing the abhorrent ticket bleed rate and increasing the match duration would at least be steps in the right direction.

From there, yes, it would be nice if Gaijin actually invested resources and time into thoughtful and creative AI objectives (bridges, factories, fuel depots et al.) which would impact the game outcome versus the decade old schlock intended for 1940’s aircraft we have today.

7 Likes

Choosable spawns only works with EC, it should be forced random spawns, spawning with squad if able, which requires more code.
There is no ticket bleed, there’s ground targets being destroyed, which the solution to your issue is more tickets total.
There are no maps intended for 1940s vehicles in rotation for the jet BRs anymore.

How can you make such definitive statements like this? There’s long been an ARB map with (two) choosable spawns and is one of the more enjoyable maps in the game.

It’s the same thing. The tickets bleed due to AI’s self-destructing at an asymmetrical and expedited rate that doesn’t coincide with any tangible objectives or match duration. On some maps simply killing a tank early in the match sends the AI ticket bleed, er, ’ ground targets being destroyed’ into an uncontrollable spiral independent any additional human interaction with AI. This is absolutely horrendous and laughably poor game design and has been (stealth) tweaked to go faster and faster for the past 5 or 6 years. Are you arguing that the current system makes sense and is viable in perpetuity or are you just being pedantic for pedantic’s sake?

Changing the name of the map and/or size doesn’t change the fact that the core game design, mechanics and components of Air RB are EXACTLY the same as they are for the WW2 aircraft they were designed for and have been for the last decade.

Does it get tiring constantly playing devil’s advocate?

5 Likes

I can cause disparity spawns cause major issues if respawning isn’t a thing.
There’s a reason Battlefield force spawns everyone in one location as an example.
It’s why you can have ground RB matches where you’re stuck in your spawn from the beginning of the match to defend it cause you’re the only one that spawned there.

So let’s bring up some scenarios that WILL be common.
2 airfields, we won’t touch 3 cause that makes the following problems even worse.

Half and half spawn on one team, and all of the other team spawns on one airfield.
Half-half wins cause they have a superior pincer maneuver from spawn.

Someone spawns alone on one airfield then leaves because they’re the only one that spawned there and don’t want to travel ALL the way to the other airfield, then join their team late into the match.

Multiple airfields must be forced random spawns or otherwise it’s imbalanced and unfun.

Air RB’s current mechanics were developed in 2019.
WT was never a WW2 game.

Oh, you’re playing devil’s advocate.
Preface that next time.

Be sincere like myself and everyone else in the future.

I digress and you’re right, Air RB is perfect and couldn’t be improved in any meaningful way with small experimental changes.

Godspeed.

1 Like

No, I’m not right. I take zero credit for the work of game developers.
The developers that tested these things across multiplayer games for the last 3 decades have the correct mechanics.

Yes, because that’s tactics. And there’s no way of proving they actually did win because they spawned on different AFs.

I don’t think they would be placed that far apart. It is not like they will be 100km apart.

Apart from the fact it was WWII based for a while? And that at one point there was a hard cutoff date before the cold war?

1 Like