AI Helicopters ever to be added?

I think it would be amazing for gaijin to work on and implement AI helicopters

Ground battles can benefit from ai helicopters simply flying around nearby. No combat capability is even required.

Air battles They could spawn, in formation, behind enemy lines and head for an airfield to “insert” forces and shutdown that airfield.

Again, no combat ai work is required for these ideas; only the flight and landing ai.
This can also be done ONLY for 1 or 2 types of helicopters as a start, resulting in minimal work.

12 Likes

Not sure about Ground battles (as additional, non threat, buzzing will be annoying), but for Air Battles? Why not. Gaijin revamped top tier airbattles on some maps with areal spawns with new ground targets, so I dont see why few helies flying around and do the same job as AI CAS will hurt

6 Likes

As example - replace the artillery strike, by unguided rocket strafe from low altitude.

A damage (potentially) will be bigger, but SPAA/jet/helo can intercept this bots, denying their attack.

Same to bots with bombs.

Precise.
AI helos will be a great threat, which must be intercepted.
Thus, btw, will be a training for intercept a player helos in GRB.

1 Like

They’re working on the AI overhaul as we speak. Patience is required.

That’s good, I just hoped they’d focus on simple implementation first and then work on more complex issues such as AI vs. Player combat. Time is required, funding is required. Patience is a gift and a luxury.
;)

1 Like

Source for this?

1 Like

Their statements on the forums and Q&A.

1 Like

ALVIS FROM THA TOP ROPES!!! ty