Ah-64 Apache Cockpit model

Ok, so hear me out
Is it only me or did they make the Apache cockpits just so we F**k Off ?
Like they are low quality placeholder models just look at some pictures and compare them, the colors are so off it’s not even funny.
Here is a picture of the DCS Apache cockpit
And here is the thing they added

It literally looks like the cockpit is made of plastic

7 Likes

this game was good once

1 Like

Looks like that pilot is holding something wrong.

Weird, no plastic for me:

Sidenote, notice how the AH-64D ingame doesnt have its CMWS panel, so this is either still an AH-64D early model, or gaijin just didnt think about adding it…

5 Likes

2 Likes

That fixes nothing at all… I have the full textures one installed and looks like plastic, the colors are off unfortunately… BUT hopefully it gets fixed

5 Likes

What annoys me most about the new cockpit i the HMD, which is acting completely crazy: Just swivel your head sideways, and the attitude ladder angles upwards, and the horizon bar is never actually on the horizon.

But then they never have managed to do a HUD in WT that acts correctly regarding attitude/horizon (or flight path markers)…

6 Likes

It also doesnt work properly with VR HMD. The camera and therefore gun remains locked either to your direct front or whereever the sight is stabilized to. You cant control the camera with the VR headset either while in the optics, so you have to manually control it, and the impact point for rockets doeant show up, even if you put the sight mode to “rocket” so you have to guess where your rockets will impact…

4 Likes

As previously mentioned, I dont think anyones brought this up, but the AH-64 no longer has a rocket impact indicator in its cockpit view… kind of a major screw up from the rework:

Its impossible to accurately launch rockets in sim, you just use your trusty mk.1 eyeball and the jello supercomputer between your ears to guesstimate impact points based on your vector of travel, which is NOT effective when HEAT weapons do about as damage as drilling a hole into the top of a tank and farting inside…

1 Like

The AH Mk.1 appears to be fine? Which Apache are you using?

Peten in the US TT

What’s also very bad is the fact that the HMD’s attitude/horizon indicator behaves completely unrealistically.

But then attitude/horizon display in WT-HUDs is full of inaccuracies all over the board…

Seems to be all AH-64A’s I’ll crank a report out cheers.

Reported thanks for letting us know @MythicPi

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting it Gunjob!

1 Like

Just checking if it’s me doing something incorrectly or if this never was fixed. I don’t play heli’s a lot. I kinda just buy them and fly around in test drives when I’m really bored.

I’m using the AH-64A Peten: R also. But I turn on “Rocket ballistic computer on”. Then I go to the cockpit view like the one you have included in your comment regarding it working in the AH Mk. 1. I cycle through the sight mode from “Sight Mode: Standard” to “Sight Mode: Rockets” and when I choose Sight Mode: Rockets the crosshair just disappears instead of simply shifting to a new location to represent the rocket impact point instead of standard/cannons.

So I assume this is still broke. Unless someone can let me know if I’m doing something wrong please?

I thought maybe it was just the scenario where I was too high or too far from the ground/target to get the sight indicator to show up at first, like it does in planes or jets. But I can get right on top of a target or nose dive like a lawn dart and it just never appears.

That has been broken for some time now. It’s now like that with the new system they just highlighted in this last update on the AH-1Z. They introduced and made sure to highlight this exact item and didnt even bother to give it a reticle to aim with in cockpit view. Its honestly one thing after the other and this company doesnt know how to fix or what to do anymore and its showing in neon green highlighter.