AH-1G pointless?

No SAS isn’t an issue in RB and the all ATGMs on a Heli become SACLOS, even the U.S event heli with a Bullpup. Allouette/Scout are easily among the best starter Helis as you can just splash them in a lineup grind free for (relatively) effective CAS (it’s the same BR as an F-84F with 4 2,000lb bombs and CCIP).

The Italian and Japanese Huey are among the worst starter Helis, with a special mention to the Swedish Huey, it’s 2km range ATGMs that a paraplegic could outrun and the Mi-4 for being an underpowered whale.

AH-6M gets 114K Hellfires, which put’s it at 10.0+ autodeath to 2S38s, the Israeli Lahatut gets TOWs but much less rockets. Rocket Rushing in general is just a terrible way to earn anything, everyone is so aversed to it; almost no one realised it was possible to spawn the AH-1W with Zunis at the start of a game within the first few weeks of its release. Everyone cries about the Ka-50 being survivable yet the last 3 times I’ve shot them with APFSDS they’ve instantly exploded.

As for the AH-1G, was fun in Heli PvE, can’t imagine applying my face to TURM IIIs ad nauseum to maybe unlock the UH-1 in 5,000 games.

True. I see them often shooting ATGMs from the far end of the map barely reacting to AAs. The only saving thing is that they suck at aiming quite often. Otherwise it would be a problem

Turm 3 was my one and only kill with AH-1G in GRB so far. Very satisfying.