Adding Carriers to Air Maps that don't have them

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Map changes have been on the table recently, while mostly contained to Ground Maps I think some Air Maps could use a specific touch of love… Carriers.

The Addition of Carriers to maps with large bodies of Ocean would be extremely nice for the various Naval Aircraft across the trees and BRs for everything from Fairyswordfish MK.I to A-4 Skyhawk and F-14.

Maps such as Kuban, City, Spain, Tunisia and Bourbon Island are what immediately come to mind.
It seems a shame to let the fancy new Carrier models be relegated to only a few maps and the Test Drive.

I see two ways this can be properly implemented.

Option A: Carriers would be placed further forwards trading the safety of strong Airfield AA for quicker time away from the fight.

or

Option B: Carriers are roughly in line with Airfields offering similarly strong AA protection and similar time away from battle, this would mostly be a for the LARP of being a Naval Aircraft.

I’d highly suggest making the Naval Aircraft tag a pre-requisite for Carriers to lessen the number of funny guys using a B-17 or Lancaster to land on a carrier in actual battles.

10 Likes

i think having a carrier game mode would be awesome maybe having a huge ocean map ec battle that has 1 or 2 carrier strike groups on each team and the goal is to destroy each others carriers to win or kill the whole team and for planes that arent naval planes they can get a small island or something in the back to land on, having anti ship missiles would be cool too and maybe midair refueling and a awacs ofc these are all a lot of additions but i think just a open ocean map would be dope

3 Likes

Ya know, I always loved to play naval aircrafts for their special hook mechanic, yea its a shame that they actually use them but only on Normandy that , you know, cant be the only map youre playing and its available for only right side. It would be awesome to see more carriers on ground rb maps such is novorossyisk, El alamein and others to bring new life for NAVY Aircrafts

1 Like

Just for the fact that gaijin needs to figure out times are different and they need to add real content to their game, +1

You cant have the same poor sandbox style maps for 11 years. Our playerbase needs a new gameplay overhaul

2 Likes

Maps like this can be used for a naval combine air mode. “Sink the Carrier” type of game play.
But, I feel the AI AA guns rip some aircraft too easy at times.

This could very easily bring something like the Falklands war, or the Gulf War, just the fact is, despite gaijin rarely listening to the community, this is a thing that needs to be done to almost all maps with a oceanic size bodies of water.

1 Like

And please make them destroyable so the German event Tornado can finally make use of its ASM.

1 Like

This sounds like a very cool and good idea! I feel like Gaijin really needs to add maps like this as this, this would make things more immersive for the game and overall wouldn’t affect the player base too negatively in any way. Like what you said before, this would be especially nice for naval aircraft as they are finally able to take off of from carriers instead of a dirt runway somewhere in Eastern Europe. LOL.

when gaijin added new models for both modern and ww2 carriers i was excited they would use them but they havent… i missed the times we would fight in air rb to protect/sink carriers back in 2017