ADATS, Roland, and VT1/Crotale NG missiles missing reduced smoke motors?

I was just made aware of this and looked into it further but ALL western nations top tier SAM’s are currently missing reduced smoke currently?! This is a clear misrepresentation and direct nerf to the western SAM systems, and video evidence of this can EASILY be found:
ADATS:

Roland:

Crotale/VT1:

Compare this to the Pantsir, which produces a massive and visibly obscuring smoke plume (like seen ingame on all above missiles):

Or the TOR:

This is a clear and blatant sign of favoritism towards the russians/chinese, nerfing all western SAM systems to have the same excessive smoke plume the Pantsir/Tor produces irl instead of their actual smoke plumes.

As an extra sidenote, look at how fantastically the Roland can track a very close range, aggressively maneuvering target in the second video above, and compare it to the anemic performance seen in-game. Its actually jarring how different the real life performance is compared to that seen in-game.

16 Likes

Bug reports open:

6 Likes

Oh I reported ADATS engine smoke issue was reported back when the tank came to be, and gaijin hand waved it sadly along with a few other folks reporting the same.

Would not be surprised if it gets ignored a second time.

5 Likes

ME when brochure
And if you are wondering, i gave that to gaijin

8 Likes

Fixed

true, Rolands and VT-1 have much more manoeuvrability IRL and nearly no smoke. the FlaRakRad is also missing a critical modification
as a side note, the Tor actually gets missiles in the air slower than irl.