About Nuclear Escalation and the Bomber Damage Model by BVV_d

I actually semi agree with him actually. But Id take a different approach

I think all the ammo depot targets need to be made up of a lot more buildings and the buildings to be more reasonable to destroy using weapons other than nukes.

Attacking them with PW4s for example is a waste of time because they cant destroy any of the buildings.

The sites themselves also look really bad with how empty they are. More targets that could actually be destroyed by conventional weapons rather than nukes would make the gamemode a LOT more fun for me.

Regardless of whether you are dropping unguided bombs using CCIP/CCRP at a lower BR or dropping GNSS weapons at a higher BR, that change would be a good one.

I do also think the density of SAMs is too high and they need to massively increase the range on Tpods but those are separate issues

The density of basically everything is too high lol

There is so much wasted space on the map that they could use to have everything a bit less cramped

3 Likes

Yeah…

Gaijin: We’ve decided to make a smaller version of the map with the same number of SAMs

2 Likes

“After much (no) consideration, we’ve decided to move the airfields even closer together because we felt that the distance to deliver a nuke was too long”

1 Like

“We have removed the SP cost from nuke carriers, the matches were lasting too long”

2 Likes

No, missiles guiding towards engines instead of centre in general, many planes shoot flares from centre of fuselage, this will make a difference mostly in side aspect I feel like

Also, besides Gatewidth IRCCM, magic 2 and r-73 have certain parameters in the game code that make them ignore flares more often even if they do see the flares, like how the old 9L was 4-5 years ago. You get flared easier from front aspect, why? Cause you are not looking at the engine. So it will be a buff in this way as well

Any plans on making a simulator battles version of nuclear escalation?

2 Likes

Depends on the aircraft and potentially the aspect

A lot of CM pods are actually located to the rear of the aircraft and so with it currently targeting centre mass its actually further away from where the CMs are dropping from and thus further from the narrowed FoV of the gate-width seeker

With it moving to target the engine instead, it might actually move the flares inside the FoV where before it wasnt

1 Like

Since we’re pushing for accurate bomber models

B-66 needs to be given its Radar-assisted tail gunner

Bombers need Formations with A.I aircraft

In these formations, The gunners are either also A.I controlled or manually controlled.

In these formations, the nametag is hidden and the players aircraft’s position is randomised.

Bomber base spawn height is increased to match operational standard

TU-4 gets its Kernel ASMs

All Airfields are destructible

In exchange -

Fighters get a mild buff in durability

1 Like

Read what I wrote again, added part 2

No, at least not in the existing game modes

The spawn height doesn’t need to be increased, especially not after the bomber durability buff

That’s a different variant of the Tu-4, also the missiles are called “Komet”

Would be cool

1 Like

Some, not all. a majority have CM dispensers located to the rear of the airframe.

I dont think its going to make any difference, its still targeting the exact same thing, just the impact point will be offset towards the engines, the seekers are going to function exactly the same

It does make a difference, when the sensor view was added, it became obvious that missiles chasing centre instead of engines was an issue for missiles like R-73 in terms of flare rejection. It was discussed a lot in Mig-29/Su-27 or R-73 threads I don’t remember, but it becomes much more obvious in sensor view.

Obviously this will make no difference for shut off IRCCM like 9M

if properly implemented it should

because 9M should not track towards the engines
it should track the leading edge of the plane (and it does so from close to the edge of its seeker fov), so flares are in the seeker for much less time
whereas if they make it track the engines it will actually be a nerf for seeker shutoff missiles due to them seeing the flares for longer

Missile trajectory/guidance and seeker point of focus are two different things

The missile doesn’t look where it will arrive, it looks at the target and calculates where to go while still looking at the target

are they in game though?

because it does not seem like it

The Shilkas only start engaging targets at 3km max, and that’s against fast targets like missiles and planes flying directly at it. Slower targets, like helis, would be much lower on the priority list, and likewise, get shot at much closer distances. Even considering the max range of 3km, the TOW 2 on the AH-1F outranges the shilka with a range of 3.75km.

And Rapiers are no longer in this mode. Those were replaced with Roland 1 missile systems, and they are only guarding depots (at the 10.0-11.0 bracket IIRC) and long range SAM systems. You should never be approaching these in a heli anyways, so those wouldn’t be a problem either.

I still think it will heavily depends on the aircraft and where the CMs drop from, I threw together a quick sketch of why I think it might be a nerf more than a buff.

The big ring represents the seeker FoV, the small dots indicate CMs.

With the FoV further back, it might now mean that the flares are within the seekers FoV where before they werent.

It heavily depends on a LOT of different factors like launch angle, the target, the CM dispenser position, but I just wouldnt be so confident that it will buff gate-width. I think it will do basically nothing overall

and that is assuming that the FoV of the seeker changes at all and its not just changing hte impact point like what we have for ASMs. I think (and I dont know either way, ive never looked) that the ASMs still lock onto the centre point of a ship, but impact a different point. If it were me, for now, I would just recycle that code for IR missiles. (I actually suggested that on the dev forum)

3 Likes

Yeah missiles should lock the engines no matter what this means, it’s how it is IRL. it’s such BS they don’t

The first thing we need is for actual IR signatures. With directional exhausts like they have on helis

An Afterburning F-5 is still colder than an F-117 (in rear-aspect)

3 Likes