AAM-4 wrong range and weight

its been known since about day 2 of the dev server by the more in depth players. You would notice that a launch at about 10km would fail to reach the target if they are doing anything but flying a head on due to how much energy the missile loses.

Also, I have seen videos of the AAM-4s doing a 180 like a less cracked out R73 to connect with the targets thanks to its much lower inertia. As it stand with dev server stats, it is very much an AAM-3 that’s radar guided compared to other mid range missiles that actually can engage past 10 km.

thats also identical

Gaijin really did take an engine and wheels off of a supercar and then put it on a semi-truck.

4 Likes

Please make bug report. I wanna dunk on American F-15s in my glorious Japanese F-15

Nothing has changed, reports have been made but they have been rejected.

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Aez83CMONLu0
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/DrXP5HPtwz0f

1 Like

Did anyone get the datamine on AAM-4s?

Statcard makes it identical to the AIM-120A but a higher G limit and higher weight

From testing it in test flight, it seems about the same. AIM-120A still hits the target before AAM-4 by a few seconds and that’s under 13 kms.

They really did just launch the update with AAM-4 still being WIP.

Don’t tell me they actually released a Sparrow sized missile with copied MICA stats

Unfortunately it does look like it.

Nice, I can’t wait for months of scraping at shreds of sources and bickering at Gaijin while they maintain radio silence for the next few months or forever and glossing over that this never happened when the AAM-4B is the new kid on the block.

Us in a nutshell: “So, where did you extrapolate information of the AAM-4 with what little sources were available? How do you know that it’s a slower AIM-120A?”

Gaijin devs in the meeting room reading this thread (probably):

7 Likes

I wouldn’t even mind if they just copy pasted the AIM-120A, but instead they did the worst thing they could.

2 Likes

I wonder just how little research they actually did… They could’ve gotten so close had they just copied the AIM-7 motor

5 Likes

proceeds to copy the motor of that japanese ww2 guided missile

1 Like