A seperate air RB gamemode i'd propose as 'Wingman'

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

My first suggestion on this forum, so bear with my wording.

Anyways,
I’m suggesting for a new AIR RB gamemode that would be called ‘‘Wingman’’ or something similar.
my idea for this gamemode is simple.
You queue up with either a random person or a squadmate the same way you would queue up for a regular RB match. So basically all planes in the match would be a max 1.0 spread.

The match would be a 2v2 gamemode, purely focused on air to air and quick combat.
The match would have no markers; you have to rely on your radar to find the enemy.
This allows for asymmetrical combat; Soviet planes have not as good radars, but usually better dogfighting capabilities, and Western planes have it vice versa, but you could be queued up against any plane whatsoever, to keep it fresh.

Its a 2v2 gamemode with 3 rounds, where the goal is to eliminate the enemies before they eliminate you. Similar to the CSGO ‘wingman’ gamemode.

This would allow for both BVR fights at top tier, and actual tactical fights without just slinging missiles and hoping one would hit.

This also opens up the door for a different kind of teamplay, not just 10v10 where youre hoping a teammate can come in and save you if youre in a bad position, but actual coordination will help in this gamemode.

let me know what you think of this, but it would be a nice addition for some quick, high action tactical matches in my opinion.

2 Likes

Good idea 👍. This game really needs new gamemodes.

Sounds solid. Could even allow for some proper BVR fights at higher ranks

1 Like

Such a cool idea! I’d also think this would be great for sim.
Some additional ideas and comments-
Probably larger map sizes?
For a mode focused on cooperating with a wingman I think rewards should be evenly split between the two players. Work together as a team to get the most rewards, instead of fighting each other for the kill.
I think it should be 4v4 or rather 2+2v2+2 so two pairs for a full flight. This also lets you run a whole squad of 4. Sim maps or otherwise having 2 spawn points (one per pair) would probably also be beneficial for this.

1 Like