A little more news on Research bonuses for new nations

Wow and this took a year to make ?

This is astonishing !

Wow, this is worthless

Thanks for nothing Gaijin
I mean seriously why not make it a permanent 1.1x multiplier ? Is that so insane ?

32 Likes

3 games per day for like 10% boost to total RP (and that is for top tier only) is totally going to encourage someone to grind the next tech tree

11 Likes

Its actually a small improvement thats will help us on daily bases but 3 matches is too low it should be put to 5 maybe even 10

Wahou ! Incredible ! So, I ve reached the top tier plane in ONE column in my research tree, and because I ve unlocked that plane, I won’t be able to get a bonus on the rest of the same national tech tree. Congrats. I expected nothing, and still I think I m gonna be disapointed.
It would have been so much more helpful to say: “If you reach the end of a tech tree, you ll receive 5% rp bonus on the other tech trees. This rp bonus will be multplicated by the number of tech tree completed. So, if you reach the end of 5 tech trees, then you will receive +25% rp on all the other tech trees”.
That could have been coded in what ? 2 hours ? A lot less than a year and half like you did just to finally give birth to a mechanism that will disapoint almost everybody.

3 Likes

This is the way

After some thought and questions answered here is my take:

Why limit it to 3 battles per nation and vehicle type?
This is something that DOESN’T reward your most loyal and active players and instead mostly favouring casual players that only play a few matches per day.
-players who play all nations back and forth are already doing that and wont benefit as much from this as they will reach the end of the line of a nation way later than others and already have unlocked a large chunk of the other tech trees and thus have less vehicles to put this bonus on.
-players who play one nation at a time (until complete) won’t benefit as much as they only get 3 matches per day (per vehicle type) and thus all other matches are gaining less RP and so those players will start playing less often as it will be less worth it.

it feels arbitrary and weird to impose this limit of 3 games.

why so very little extra RP? (if the old blogposts numbers are correct)
less than 50% of BASE RP? That feels more like an insult than a reward. this would then work in exactly the same way as the already existing RP boosters, but even less amount of games if as player mostly only plays one type of vehicle and limited per day in a way RP boosters aren’t. i can for example activate however many “+50% RP for 5 games” booster that i want in a day as long as i have them, which to be honest isn’t that sparce if you have the battlepass bought.

Not only that but this extra amount will matter even less percentualy for a player that has premium account. if i get for example 1000 RP in a match, and the nation RP bonus is 30% i get 300 RP extra, which is sort of almost decent and makes it a straight 30% extra. But if i have premium in the same game i get a total of 1000+1000+300 RP making it 2300 total, that means that the 30% extra nation bonus only gains me a NET of 15% of the total RP i earn each game. That is just insultingly low for paying players…
So the bonus is even going to be LESS impactful for the players i presume(?) you value the most; paying ones.

does this mean that if i skip foldered vehicles to get to the top faster i lose the bonus for that entire nation (and vehicle type) as soon as i get to the top of it? meaning that all of the subsequent foldered vehicles (and later vehicle additions in future updates!) i want to unlock in that nation gets no bonus at all? that’s just ridiculous… and actually actively insulting…

The bonus should be a fixed % for EACH nation i have top tier vehicles in, slowly stacking making each subsequent nation i unlock easier and faster.

I sincerely hope for an in depth explanation of this function and the intention behind it. as of now, with the current knowledge, i’m actually saddened and deeply disappointed (as well as confused) that long term players and paying players are going to benefit less from this than others.

22 Likes

Small doesn’t even cut it. More like unnoticeable

10 Likes

I think I can spend my money and time in another good and rewarding place :(

10 Likes

I don’t see many people talking about this when it’s actually huge

6 Likes

Can you clarify… Is it 3 battles per nation and tech tree type i.e 3 battle bonuses per ground tree total regardless of what type of vehicle is being researched same with 3 battles for air… or is it 3 battles per type of vehicle being researched in each nation. i.e 3 battle bonus towards the spaa, then spg, then mbt, then light tank so 12 in total for Japan for example?

Because it’s just too few, to the point where for those who love this game, three games are hardly one tenth of their daily playtime

6 Likes

But how it is my fault for playing tanks / Planes that I like or enjoy playing? Why should I be punished for playing the same tree? If I’m more then happy playing a few nations because the grind already is hard enough?

2 Likes

It can’t be hard to make this a bonus that works for all players. Sure, have it apply for a limited number of matches per day, but then have each top tier vehicle you own make the RP bonus larger. If players want to use it for new nations, they can. If they want to stay within their main, that’s fine too… but it provides an incentive for them to try the new nations since the more top tier vehicles they have, the larger the bonus will be.

1 Like

I completely agree with everything you said.

• Just to clarrify what i meant with “the maps are shit”. Over the last few updates gaijin has progressively made maps flatter and flatter while keeping the main complaints, like long-range spawncamping, secure routes to the cap and map side equality unadressed.

• Another thing i absolutely hate are the current game modes. I have had multiple friends leave this game because they dont want to deal with the constant CAS and one sided SPAA effectivity at top tier. What i and they wish for is a simple new gamemodes like “Ground only” that has been requested for years. And Gaijin making it so that you loose your nation bonus once you have a rank 8 vehicle researched making the SPAA grind, etc longer definitely does not help.

• As we have seen with Air RB, the new top tier meta simply doesnt allow for 16v16 anymore. There are soo many suggestion of possible changes to current air RB and adding whole new fantastic sounding gamemodes that it isnt even funny anymore.

Just one more thing:

If I remember correctly gaijin has said once before, that they dont have any share holders. Plus I believe whatever amount of money they are making every sale and patch, let alone in the downtime is soo incredibly large that its one of their smallest worries.

Its a lack of proper competition that lets them have this much playroom with their playerbase.

9 Likes

It should be, "After researching all top tier tanks / Planes / ships / helis (Example: “If you finish USA Air, Gain 7.5% Perma Bonus RP When playing ANY Other nation Air”) Gain a perma % RP for every other nation and the more trees you complete more % RP Bonus You get? Not only does this encourage other players to finish “Said tree” but it also encourages + Makes it easier for people to branch out to other nations, It also helps people who have sunk thousands of hours into this game. Simply put

1 Like

yea that’s exactly what I meant

1 Like

What i think gaijin needs to do is easy its just 2 little steps.

Step 1. Give us 2x rp for 3/5 battles a day for each nation and each tech tree.

Step 2. When we reach top tier in any nation tech tree like for an example lets say you are researching Germany ground tech tree and you reach top tier and you unlock and purchase the leopard 2a7 you would then receive a permanent 10% more rp for unlimited battles when you are researching another Nations ground tech tree. And evey single time you unlock another Nation top tier ground tech tree vehicle you would receive another 10% rp which would keep stack up until you unlock every nation top tier ground force’s tech tree.

This is what i think everyone is looking for. It would make the grind so much more easy for the players.

Also on a personal note I’d really love to see a ground only mode were there no cas,heli,drones for rb and ab !!

4 Likes

This is seriously the best y’all could come up with in over a year? Laughable, I expected nothing and I am still disappointed

11 Likes

I’m sorry but I’m pretty disappointed. I was really looking forward to this change but it seems I’m not really gonna feel it in any significant way.

15 Likes

It should be active all the time, not just 3 battles

5 Likes