A little more news on Research bonuses for new nations

just disappointing

3 Likes

top kek

1 Like

If you are just playing Ground + Aircraft + Heli it’s (3+3+3)x9=81 per day maximum if you don’t use up you bonuses in combined battles, and if you use it, it’s 3x9=27 maximum

6 Likes

81 x 0 = 0
:)

12 Likes

this is just a worse version of the daily double xp we used to have way way back. thanks for keeping us all on the hook for nothing, next time you people can just tell us to not get excited beforehand

16 Likes

Well, if you don’t play, it’s zero.

3 Likes

And can all of those be spent playing one nation?

Like, 27 games just for France, for exmaple

Actually a good way to encourage people to play new nations instead of just playing the one.

1 Like

So we players of GRB or Combined battles that you forced on us are once again punished trough no fault of our own.

1 Like

But what if I only want to play 1 nation or maybe 2? Why should I waste thousands of hours researching a new tree just for a little bonus xp?

7 Likes

One of the features I looked forward the most, ended up being a disappointment by gaijin… Recurring theme tbh

16 Likes

Then thats your fault? Idk what to tell you.

It might not include Simulator matches due to the ‘random battles’ wording…

3 Likes

You literally have to grind millions of RP to reach ONE top-end vehicle in a SINGLE nation and all you get as a help is 50% off the base RP… In Ground RB matches where you’re doing moderately well, that’s like 1,000RP…

18 Likes

The purpose of this system was to help support players to try new nations and expand to new ones that they don’t already have the top vehicles for. For example if someone has been dedicated to a single nation and reaches the top, they then can gain bonuses to help them towards trying a new nation. Which naturally leads to new vehicles and experiences in game too.

“Currently, War Thunder features 10 playable nations, and we have no intentions of stopping there! However, as we introduce new nations, it becomes increasingly challenging to capture the attention of veteran players. They have already traversed the ranks multiple times, and therefore, each new journey through a different tree becomes less captivating.
To address this, we plan on implementing a system to alleviate the situation. If a player has a top vehicle in a vehicle branch within one nation, they will receive a RP bonus when researching the equivalent branch of other nations.” - LINK

4 Likes

Wow and this took a year to make ?

This is astonishing !

Wow, this is worthless

Thanks for nothing Gaijin
I mean seriously why not make it a permanent 1.1x multiplier ? Is that so insane ?

32 Likes

3 games per day for like 10% boost to total RP (and that is for top tier only) is totally going to encourage someone to grind the next tech tree

11 Likes

Its actually a small improvement thats will help us on daily bases but 3 matches is too low it should be put to 5 maybe even 10

Wahou ! Incredible ! So, I ve reached the top tier plane in ONE column in my research tree, and because I ve unlocked that plane, I won’t be able to get a bonus on the rest of the same national tech tree. Congrats. I expected nothing, and still I think I m gonna be disapointed.
It would have been so much more helpful to say: “If you reach the end of a tech tree, you ll receive 5% rp bonus on the other tech trees. This rp bonus will be multplicated by the number of tech tree completed. So, if you reach the end of 5 tech trees, then you will receive +25% rp on all the other tech trees”.
That could have been coded in what ? 2 hours ? A lot less than a year and half like you did just to finally give birth to a mechanism that will disapoint almost everybody.

3 Likes

This is the way