A guide to: CCRP

Thanks for this - i was able to use my Harrier and A-10 in Sim now and actually get something done. (and unlocked the F-4J).

I wasn’t able to find the “timer” on my HUD for those aircraft and accidently flew into the middle of an Air Field instead of the Base.

Does this select moving targets like the mission objectives (for bombing the Convoy?)

No, only the AFs and Bases are pre-programmed. You can manually create a static target though for ccrp to hit

How do you create a manual static target (and how would you know which ‘target’ to choose for to display in the HUD)?

You can make a manual target by point your sight at the ground or using a targeting pod and pressing the “Activate target point” Keybind. Im not sure if this gives a HUD marker for those jets equipped with it but your CCRP computer will drop bombs on that point as you fly over it using the steps used above.

This doesnt create a full target point though, and it is overriden and “deleted” if you cycle through the targets.

As for target selection, it just takes practice. I have outlined this above a bit, increasing your altitude can help immensely for seeing what you are targeting.

For the AV-8C the timer is a horizontal line on the vertical bar. I believe the drop point is when it meets the nose indicator symbol.

For the A-10A Late the timer is a thick line on the circle over the target point that IIRC receded from the 6 o’clock to the 12 o’clock position.

I figured it out - it doesn’t start ticking down the timer until you’re almost on top of the target which is why I wasn’t seeing a timer.

I also just found today that you can create custom loadouts - I have been having fun making bombing runs with the capable aircraft - now I can grind my way to my F16 and F14 with a lot less frustration.

So… now that I have an F-14 and working on unlocking a bomb capable F-16…

I’ve noticed that the F-14 doesn’t release the bombs for the pre-programed target (i.e. target: ##) but if I manually target it will release the CCRP. Is this just the F-14 or does the F-16 do that too?

What bombs you using?

500lbs, the first ones you unlock.

And rockets… but rockets aren’t guided so…

Interesting. I dont have the F14. So cant test it. But that is strange behaviour i cant think of any reason why CCRP wont work with preset targets but work fine with manual

It was on Denmark so I don’t think it’s related to another bug reported (as the OP believed it to be an issue with bases at altitude but Denmark is nearly all sea level).

It sucks because I wasn’t sure what was happening and got shot down several times trying to trouble-shoot it (Shakes fist at AA)

Yeah, im OP. Yeah denmark is usually a fairly stable map

Well I just played a game over my lunch break and it released for me… but this time I had upgraded 1000 LB Mk 83 bombs.

Might be the 500s then. Interesting

Tips for ccrp bombinh in the a4e or a sim video tutorial. I struggle to know where my target point actually is as if noticed it drops eiether infront or behind

There is at least one base in Denmark where CCRP does not work, and that’s the one in the south-east, just by the border of a almost circular lake (am at work rn, so can’t say exact grid…).

If you check it in RB (e.g. custom battle, you see that the marker for the base is not at same elevation as the base itself, maybe this screws up the CCRP (as is the case I believe for many higher elevation bases in Afghanistan and Vietnam where I never can get CCRP to work…).

1 Like

I think that might have been it; I was on the south team but the base was on the right (east) side of the map.

Does this work for chute bombs also?

To mee it seems as if the CCRP is not taking into account the chute, causing the bombs to drop short?

Also, when I am holding “bomb release permission” all I get is a singular bomb detaching

I haven’t used the drag bombs much, but they should work with CCRP. Are you attempting to loft with them?

What release method are you using? Bomb series or Weapon Selection?

I did just attempt a loft-attack with drag bombs against an Airfield and they did all appear to miss. So when used in this manner. Im going to assume CCRP cannot handle lofting the drag bombs. But I have used them succesfully in a level flight using CCRP. If some are missing, then I guess its the bombs being released sequentially over a larger area than the target. So perhaps try a ripple mode or bomb series mode that releases them all at once.