A discussion on the F-5C and F-5E

Though, interesting factoid. Sea harrier FRS1 did actually fight against USAFs F-5E aggressor squadron and thoroughly defeated the F-5Es with something like a 27-10 win/loss ratio in a 1v1 fight. It’s a shame that is so hard to pull off in game.

https://www.combatsim.com/printer.php?action=review&id=603&page=1

F-5Cs were my easy kills when I was spading my Mirage 3s.
I preferred fighting F-14As with the Mirage 3s tho.

I was thinking something maybe like a BAE Hawk for Britain. Sub-sonic, but good gun (25mm ADEN), flares and reasonable missiles. Could put up a decent fight

1 Like

You gotta accept you’re full of shit and a troll Mr “i’ve never died to a mig-21 in 120+ battles despite the fact its one of the top 5 most played jets at the br”

6 Likes

different from “I’ve never died”

1 Like

only in gaijin’s warped ass view. In reality it should stay 10.3 flareless or not. It literally has the smallest IR signature of any afterburning jet already

nooooooooo, absolutely not. It still faces AAM missiles and gaijin would definitely not keep it at 10.3 because they know it would still reduce the effectiveness of the aircraft. any 15+ G missile would be an instakill. Thats why (I think) no aircraft at 10.3, in the game, doesn’t have flares.

1 Like

??? 1 flare

F-5C already easily beats both 21s

I’d wager you don’t know about anything.

thats what he’s saying, the r-60s suck.

doesnt matter, FM too good to be lower and its IR signature is tiny anyway

idc what gaijin does, they are not smart at making decisions

F-1 immediately came to mind…

misread then

Mig-21SMT and MF are somewhat uncommon at 10.7 and 11.0.
It’s mostly 11.3s, 11.0s, and 10.7s.
And of course 21MF is on the same team as the F-4F.
21Bis would be a likely death but those are as rare as MFs and SMTs for some reason.

no one plays the 21bis because of constant uptiers to 12.0 - or at least thats what I was experiencing flying the Soviet MiG-21bis back in January

I don’t play mine cause I’m back on ground and it’s still stock, otherwise I would.
Love the Bis more than the 21MF/SMT.

The problem of MiG-21M is russia didn’t use that because it was just export model of MiG-21S with internal guns and bad radar.

They mostly used MiG-21SM but, it is almost same as MiG-21MF so, it would be pointless to add in the game.

it has 4 20G missiles, Very similar guns, and its a lot faster. In the objective view, it would be much better than the F-5C would be without flares. Pretty sure the only thing the F-5C has is its heat signature and turn time. I think you also need to realize the F-1 isn’t really good.

Heat is “annoying”, something we’ll all agree on.
And it’s not as if one flare from any of the other 10.3s and 10.7s won’t decoy the same exact missiles except 9Ls and maybe the odd 9G.

Im not sure what you’re trying to say here, but I think the F-5C is fine with flares, and they definitely shouldn’t be removed from it. Leaving it at 10.3 with way worse stuff compared to the vehicles around it would be flat out stupid. Most missiles will still track the F-5C’s heat signature without flares.

1 Like