A-10C Air and Ground BRs should be inverted

Currently the A-10C has a battle rating of 12.0 in Ground RB and 11.3 in Air RB.

This does not make sense. I assume someone at Gaijin made a little mistake as the A-10C makes way more sense at:

• 11.3 for Ground RB
  • 12.0 for Air RB and Air SB

14 Likes

Personally I think that it should simply lose the AIM-9M and go down to 10.7, right along the A-10A Late

5 Likes

Ye switch between them, 12.0 for ground is basically Pantsir food.

6 Likes

The 9Ms are not the reason for it being 12.0 or 11.3 in Ground RB, rather it’s the Litening II pod enabling it to use its AGM-65Ds.

Taking away its 9Ms would not lower its BR in Ground.

8 Likes

If the A-10C goes up to 12.0 or even 11.7 it will constantly see the F-14 spam and with how slow it is you will never get to the fight in it with having to notch the 20 AIM-54’s coming for you.

It’s in a tough spot right now. Without more decompression 11.3 it has a chance of being usable in Air RB.

It could possibly go lower in ground just simply because of its speed. You will constantly see Pantsir’s which will shoot you down easily unless you spend 10 minutes side climbing but then you are completely vulnerable to enemy aircraft. It has good weapons but you will more often than not not get to use them.

1 Like

The A-10C being 11.3 puts it in an obnoxious spot for anyone lower than it. 12.0 ARB would be a much better BR for everyone considering the A-10C gets the HMD/9M combo.

For GRB 11.3 makes much more sense considering that’s where the Su-25T/39 are.

8 Likes

Yea so like every nation that has 11.7/12.0 premiums they use to grind.

no

the same AGM65Ds that are dog water… the only good ones are the Gs and the targetting pod means utterly nothing when 65D engagement ranges place it well within anything SAM territory.

Again 65Gs are the longer range, harder hitting ones. which if you bothered to look it only gets 2 of them.

If 2 65Gs are why its going 12.0 then I want whatever gaijin are smoking because, that BR would make sense if it was supersonic but the A10C is still an A10C, its slow af.

The only potential reason im seeing it at 12.0 is the APKWS pods

3 Likes

Ds and Gs have the same range, only B have less range, Ds still have the improved IR seeker. the only benefit of Gs is that they are little bombs and dont need a direct hit against light targets.
agm65H have even more improved range with the CCD seeker

have you used agm65s since they got buffed? they all bonk everything now

being slow allows you to fire off many more in a single pass without getting close to the battlefield so its a valid trade off

also it has 17 paveways

1 Like

17 paveways dont matter when you kill one person and the revenge kill with SPAA or a Fighter.

1 Like

So they locked the TGP from being used with the Gs for some odd reason.

1 Like

cough, variable brs so you can take 9Ls at a lower BR if you want, cough

2 Likes

It has Aim9M in real life as it is the characteristic of it,I would never agree to add or remove something for balancing reason

2 Likes

AGM-65Ds and AGM-65Gs have the SAME range. They BOTH use the IR seeker.

Also, after the changes the Maverick received last patch the shaped charge warheads of the AGM-65A/B/D have been vastly improved. Not to mention you can carry 6x AGM-65Ds instead of the 2x AGM-65Gs.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

threatening someone over a video game is not very cashmoney…

3 Likes

Not chaching indeed.

Then again, I still don’t like the notion of just “give this the higher option between the two”. AIM-9M is not your everyday AAM, it’s a death sentence.

A platform as shitty as the A-10C will only be able to give those paveways enough energy to get a 3-4km range at most.

Now tell me, how long do you think a plane that goes 600 km/h will survive within 3-4 km/h from a Pantsir/tor/ito.

1 Like

the AIM-9M is no different from having the other IRCCM Missiles at 12.0 (Eg. Mirage F1C with Magic 2s, Su-25T/39/BM with R-73s and even a lower BR, Python 3s with the Kfir C.7, the Kfir C.2 has 2 Python 3s at 11.7)

3 Likes