7,92mm S.m.K. H ammo for Coax/AA/GP Mgs of German Tanks

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

I would like to suggest adding the S.m.K. H ammo (1 in 4 or so (from Ap Ap Ap-T to Ap Ap HVAP Ap-T)) to the Belts of Mg 13, Mg 34 and Mg 42 of German tanks, via modification (or standart), this would increase the effectiveness against light tanks and other targets such as Trucks and Halftracks with some armor.

IRL it was given to Infarty, Halftracks and Pz I, as well as by "Merkbaltt für das Zusammenwirken zwischen Infanterie und Panzer even given to Pz III, IV, V and VI in limited numbers.
Its usage (IRL) would be for vehicles (and Infantry) with no other armarment than Mgs (and their Rifles) to have disruptive or destructive performance against enemy armor and weakpoints as well as to spare main gun ammo in case other armarment is available against enemy armor.

The 7,92mm MGs of the german Army (and Luftwaffe) were General Purpose MGs, which were used in a multitude of rolls, even as HMGs.

Similar to how the american and russian 12,7 mm MGs allready also have Cored Ap ammo, the german Mgs can also recive such with 20-22+mm/10m and 19mm/100m By gaijins calculator and British Tests.

This would make the Coax/AA/GP Mgs quite usefull especially the Pz III B and E which even have 2x.

And it would be powerfull enove to destroy tanks such as the T-26, Bt-5/7, A13 Mk I and many more.

Pictures:(Click to show)

Screenshot 2024-03-01 231446

This round is 12,6g heavy with a 8,25g core of 6,13 mm and a velocity of 875m/s
Penetration would be 20-22mm/10m and 19mm/100m (Normal Ap/Apcbc calculator)

And by history of the Spanish civil war, T-26 could be penetrated from 150-250m/30°
(Gaijins APCR Calculator isnt usable for small rounds as is, they “fixed” it by changing the K factor in game, tho i cant do such with the Wiki Calculator, with Corrected APCR calculator may be a bit higher.)

Source:
Akte 145 Übersetzte Beutedokumente zu den Panzer- und motorisierten Truppen der Wehrmacht (Its an summary translation folder)

D.Lv. 4600 Verwendung der Patronen SmK (H), SS und Smk gegen Panzerziele

HANDBOOK OF ENEMY AMMUNITION
PAMPHLET No. 5
GERMAN SMALL ARMS AMMUNITION, GREANDES AND
DEMOLITION CHARGES
GERMAN CARTRIDGES, S.A.A., 7.92-mm

5 Likes

Cool, id like this. The german 50, cal

Interesting! Would be a nice addition. +1